“Excellent food and service”

Hotel Cipriani Restaurant
Ranked #148 of 13,746 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Copacabana
Los Angeles
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

The food was delicious and the service was beyond exceptional. We had the carpaccio and truffles for appetizers and it was superb. The sole and the tuna were cooked perfectly. We did not have room for dessert. Overall we had a very pleasant experience. For those who comment on high prices, remember that it's much cheaper than the food at the hotel Cipriani in Venice but just as good.

“Chef's table a treat”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The Cipriani has a table for six persons right in the kitchen, where one can see all the action and discuss with the chef a personalized choice of dishes and wines. The succession of dishes requires endurance and discipline, otherwise the beautiful choice of home-made sorbets will be missed. All dishes are prepared with Italian flair and flavors. Good selection of Italian wines. Recommended to keen gastronomy aficionados, who are willing to pay big bucks for a food marathon.

Uruguaiana, RS
“VERY GOOD FOOD AND ATMOSPHERE”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

we have enjoyned good times last saturday at dinner. The staff was very kind and professional, the place, the nice music, the view and off course the delicious and amazing food.
I got the Ossobuco and risoto....it was a dream!!!!
I was with my boy, with seven yeats old, the treatment was excellent!!!

London
“Very Poor Food”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Both my wife and I were shocked by the poor food. My first course was the green tagliarini with ham and cheese gratin. Very congealed and very undercooked pasta. Really poor dish. My main was Saltimbocca. Not veal but thick slabs of overcooked beef with a glutinous and really sweet sauce. Why is all the food so sweet? My wife's Ossobucco was stringy and no bone marrow which is the whole point of the dish. This restaurant should not carry the Cipriani brand. I strongly advise against this restaurant. The Hotel on the other hand was very good.

Denver, Colorado
“OK food, great service, shocking prices”
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

I am not sure how to start this review. Food was decent, but not particularly great. Service was pristine and the view of the pool was beautiful. Prices make no sense; we are still shocked. Unless a business dinner forces me to return, I do not plan to be back.

• Visited September 2013