“Accidental Amazing Meal”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Botafogo
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We wandered in off the street on our first day here in Copacabana, we liked the atmosphere a lot. They have menus in English, and the waiter was really patient with us, even though he spoke NO English,and we speak almost no Portuguese. We ordered the Picanha Garrafeiro (for 2 people) and it was the most delicious amazing meal EVER!! It was R100 for that and two drinks, but it was well worth it. It was the tastiest thing I have had in a while. I HIGHLY recommend that particular dish.

1  Thank msfixit21

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I' ve liked to order the BEST beef/ steak of the house. The staff is not english speaking.
I orded the most expensive steak to be sure. BAD mistake. It was like gum..

The do have Wi-Fi and good beer

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I went to Domingos Ferreira/Copacabana branch. Horrible and cold food. I complained with the waiter that the food was cold with a poor presentation and expensive for what was served to me ad my friend. He didn't take any measure to resolve the matter and when I was going to pay the bill I called the manger to complain again and he said he wasn't aware of the situation. I said to him that his job to supervise his kitchen and make sure the food have high standard to be served to the customers. The place was very empty and I know now why. Don't go there.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We went to this boteco on a Sunday night after a day on the beach. We wanted to watch the Flamengo vs Botafogo derby in a local bar and this was the perfect place. They also had a live band that played bossa nova and the bar patrons were appreciative of this. You got a soccer game going on and bossa nova music going on at the same time. Heavenly. Brahma chopp was the beer of choice and appetizers were good. My favorite was the fried sausage and pickled onions. This was delicious. They offer so many different varieties of appetizers like salgados, empadas, pasteis, and many others. What looked fantastic, but calorific as hell, were there "grills." It was practically a grilled protein smothered in cheeses and french fries. I saw a bunch of people order this for their table. However, the downside to this place is they will try to rip you off on the bill, especially for tourists. It is subtle in how they do it. So watch your bill and let them know you bought. I would go back to this place in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

Botequim Informal is the result of a "carioca" movement that tried to create restaurants inspired by the old and traditional bar and "botequins" of Rio and them turn this business in franchising chains...

Nice try...but... they suffer a lack of charm and nothing there is really original..