“A new home for Chef Christophe Lidy in Ipanema”
Review of Salitre

Salitre
Ranked #1,074 of 14,075 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barra da Tijuca
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The new Salitre Restaurant in Ipanema, now at Rua Barão da Torre, 632 (Tel.: 2540-5719), is under the famous Chef Christophe Lidy's impeccable supervision. In an old house dating from the beginning of the 20th Century, totally refurbished, you'll find one of the best restaurants in Rio de Janeiro. Great food, formule prix-fixe for lunch, friendly service and a good wine list. The décor is unique, using wood and iron: a perfect and warm combination, bringing cozyness to Salitre. Prices are accordingly, but no surprises at all. Enjoy!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This restaurant, in Barra Shopping - Barra da Tijuca is very good for those who

love wines. They have an excellent cellar and the chef now is Christophe Lidy, famous for the wonderful food we can taste there. The place is also very well located because we can shopping at the biggest shopping in South America (more than 500 stores) after the good meal. BTW, I love the herbs crusted lamb chops. Simply divine! My husband loves the filet with risottos. And before the entrees, we always ask for the bruschettas. And the check is fair, mainly because you pay good price for the wines.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

After being discouraged by a two hour wait to try the new restaurant in Barra, Pobre Juan, I've decided to go back to Ipanema and try Salitre, since recently under a new chef. In a city where meals are becoming prohibitive expensive, Salitre is a breeze. I ordered the lamb and my wife past with seafood, both excellent. Surprisingly, the wine list is vast, with several good choices fairly priced.
Therefore, if you're looking for good food, wines for all tastes at all prices, and a intimate atmosphere, don't hesitate and give Salitre a try.

Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

Some restaurants do look sophisticated on the outside, which leads you to think that the overall experience will be satisfactory, but there are always exceptions to the rule. My mother, my aunt and I had the same opinion about it. The waiter did not smile and seemed quite grumpy. I ordered tomato juice, he place the glass on the table without letting me know that it was there, and when I grabbed the glass to drink it, there was juice on the glass outsite. My aunt ordered a well done steak, but was surprised by a nearly raw one. The dessert took ages to come, and when it did, after my mother complained about it, another waiter (ours seemed to have abandoned us) brought something different from what we had ordered. The bill also took a long time to arrive. This second waiter was a lot friendlier and apologised to my mother for all the mistakes. Definitely not on my list of restaurants to go at Barrashopping.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Terrific sommelier service, vast and excellent wine menu, good food (with description and suggestion in their own menu of possible harmonizations). One of the few restaurants in Rio where you can have a good wine at an affordable price.

3  Thank GUSDALI