My boyfriend and I were in a pinch to find a hotel during Rio 20. We found availability in 1 of the 8 available rooms on booking.com. We checked out the website, rooms looked great and decided to book.
When we arrived, we had to buzz a door bell to be let in. Since the neighborhood is a little sketchy, that made us nervous, but the nearby favela ended up not being that big of a deal.... Staff was nice, but I would not stay here again. We paid over 300 USD a night here for the Pao de acucar room and I do not think that was a good value at all. Here is why:
- t.v. Was not in the room when we arrived
- no safes in room
- no toiletries besides hand soap provided
- no closets or drawers provided
- sheets and towels were damp
- no lunch or dinner served
- breakfast consisted of coffee, juice, fruit, bread, and cheese / ham. No choice of hot items or even cereal, yogurt, or eggs
- hot water availability was inconsistent ( e.g. We had to ask to have the hot water turned on to take showers)
- could not get a wi- FI connection from our room or the breakfast area. Only place we could get it was in reception.
- room did not look like picture on website
There are many other options to stay in Rio for the money we spent. Hopefully you will have better luck and not have to book a hotel during a huge, global, convention!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Rio, in the historic and bohemian town of Santa Teresa, The Villa is an 11-room boutique hotel with a hilltop position and a million dollar view! From the hotels main terrace, guests can take in the sweeping vista over the Guanabara Bay and the green hills of Santa Teresa, while enjoying the view of world famous art deco statue Christ the Redeemer and Sugarloaf Mountain. The hotel is only 15 minutes away from the beaches of Copacabana and Ipanema, the samba clubs of Lapa and the Sambodromo stadium. Described by those in the know as the South American Montmartre and one of Rio's hidden gems, Santa Teresa is packed with local artists, galleries, cafes and some of Rio's best small restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rio 180
- The Villa Rio De Janeiro, Brazil