The Villa
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$129
  • Breakfast included
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$106
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
US$171
US$309
US$252
MGallery
  • Pool
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$105
US$200
  • Breakfast included
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$97
Official Hotel
US$275
US$213
  • Pool
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
US$370
US$362
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssanta teresaboutique hotelmaster suitesugar loaf and christ the redeemerlarge terraceoverlooking riorelaxing stayprivate tourvery nice hotelnice roomview is amazingwithin easy walking distanceclose to the hotelfresh fruitbars and restaurantsbreakfast was includedrooftop bar
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Rio 180 Boutique Hotel is an amazing place to visit Rio in a different way. It is charming, quiet, relaxing and with very nice facilities and staff. It is located in a residential area of the city, where you can enjoy the relax and romantic atmosfere of the hotel.

PROS:
- Amazing view from the rooms, swimming pool and restaurant to the Guanabara Bay, The Sugar Loaf and Corcovado!
- Very friendly staff. I do speak Portuguese, so I haven't tested their English knowledge.
- Large and very well decorated suite, equipped with a large bed, a Jacuzzi and a mini-bar (Pao de Acucar suite).
- Very romantic place! I was there for just one night with my boyfriend and we’d like to stay longer!
- There is a small restaurant with very nice food, where the breakfast is served. Breakfast was very good, with fresh fruits, fresh juice fruits, yogurt, granola, bread, ham, two types of cheese, butter, jelly… (typical Brazilian breakfast!) You can also have dinner at the restaurant, which was an awesome experience since the food was very good and the weather was great!

CONS:
- Not a big deal, but wine list in the restaurant was very limited. If you are very pick, I suggest you to bring your own wine!
- It is not easy to call a cab to pick you up there. The hotel suggests a private driver, what is ok, but it is overpriced comparing to a regular cab and the maintenance of the vehicle. In the way back it is quite easy to catch a cab to drive you there.
- It was not a problem to me at all, but if you would like to stay close to the beach or in a hotel where you can walk around, this may not be your place.

MY TIP: Save some time to enjoy the facilities of the hotel: the pool with an amazing view of the Sugar Loaf, Corcovado and the Guanabara Bay; the nice restaurant; the relaxing and well decorated suites.

Room Tip: If you want to enjoy the facilities in your room, make sure it has a view to the Sugar Loaf and Corcovado! I stayed in the Pao de Acucar suite and it was amazing!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Filippo_Bulgarini, Gerente at The Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed at 180 hotel for 2 nights and that's enough. The views are wonderful, especially from the terrace where delicious breakfast is served. The rooms though are tired and need renovation. When we entered our room (Copacabana), it smelled and was humid.The design is very nice, but the shower was leaking ( a lot of water on the floor) and no hot water in the great 2 person "hot" tub.
The hotel claims to be in Santa Theresa, it is not, it is the other side of the hill. We walked to town, about 40min, but you can't do this at night, it's too dangerous, so taxis are a must. We went out to Lapa Saturday night and no taxi wanted to drive us back there. We had to ask the police for help. When we called the hotel, there was no one at the hotel reception desk to help. That to me is totally unacceptable. I believe the owner wasn't present when we were there.
Too expensive compared to other hotels in Rio.

• Stayed: March 2013
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Filippo_Bulgarini, Gerente at The Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Thank you very much for your review of Rio180° Boutique Hotel.

Your feedback is very important for us, and we want to apologize for all the inconveniences
and problems you experienced at the Rio180° Boutique Hotel.

The problem with the leaking shower has been solved, and the hot water in the jacuzzi is working properly...

We're sorry for your bad experience with the taxi, but here in Rio this is a common problem...
We've no excuse about the fact that anybody at the front desk answered the phone.

We really hope you will come back to the Rio180° Boutique Hotel, to see and enjoy our renovation.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

It was one of the most enjoyable says in my life. The view, as implied by 180 degree Botique encompassed Christ the Redeemer, Sugarloaf, and Cobacobana Beach. It was a short taxi ride to beaches and shopping, however, at days end it was quite and peaceful and a snug harbor for weary souls.

The day starts with breakfast in the lounge at the top of the hotel. The first day the coffee was a diffent taste than what we were used to. The following days we were going back for more. The owner was omnipresent and is conversant in English. The rest of people were very attentive and friendly. They handled our every want and need. Our hearts were heavy when we had to leave our new friends. We are trying to figure out how to return.

I never write reviews for anyone but this one experience in my life that I have to share with people of the world. Bruce A. Holmes, Maricopa, California, USA.

Room Tip: As far as we could tell they were all excellent. There was a spa/hot tub in our room. The view was excellent. Noise minimal. I don't know if there was a fitness center or not.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Filippo_Bulgarini, Gerente at The Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Santa theresa is a great place to stay, as they say: it's the mont martre of rio.. excellent breakfast, very welcoming staff, and big rooms, not mention the comfortable beds...

we stayed there for 10 days, it was really hard to leave this place...

Room Tip: suites are the best! for a very reasonable price..
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank t e
Filippo_Bulgarini, Gerente at The Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Small intimate, off the beaten track, boutique hotels are not for everyone. I found Rio 180 on line. I have stayed in other boutique hotels in the past, some VERY expensive, all like Rio 180, in some of the most beautiful places on earth. I like the intimate personalized feeling you get. Not many rooms, all with a unique name, relaxing, cozy, enchanting, beautiful views, and friendly staff always there to help or give you all the piece and quite you may be looking for. Rio 180 is not at the five start level yet in some of its details but for the price it’s a GREAT FIND. If you are comparing apple to apples and $ to $, it will be a very big challenge to find that unique intimate boutique hotel feeling with stunning views down over Rio and up to the heavens with Christo looking over you. Seriously, this was the best value by far over the three hotels I stayed at during my visit to Rio this February 2013.
I had the opportunity to talk with the owner, who offered to transport me to my next location as there was a shortage of cab access during the Carnival period. I would be very confident that this worldly gentleman, focused on the guest experience and on continuous improvement, will get Rio 180 to the five star level. In the meantime, enjoy a great experience with iconic views at a very affordable price.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo