Generally, I am not a fan of staying in hostels. But the staff at the light house is excellent, and they made the stay there very pleasant. The hostess, Sylvia, gave us a map and told us some excellent spots to eat, including Carretao, which is near by and delicious. It is a nice spot to relax during the day, and its about 3 blocks from the beach. Breakfast was served in the morning, and the internet use was reliable and secure. The only drawback was the bunk beds were covered in a plastic and it got very uncomfortable on the warmer nights. Other then that, if you are in the market for a hostel on ipanema beach, I can't imagine you could make a better choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cute, small and quiet place located within Ipanema, one of the most beautiful and well-known areas of Rio de Janeiro. Only 3 blocks from the beach surrounded by a wealth of restaurants, shops and of course bars and clubs. We have a gorgeous double room and 8 bed mixed dormitory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The LightHouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lighthouse Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- The LightHouse Rio De Janeiro, Brazil