I chose this via Expedia, about $26 a nite for 1 bed in a female dorm for 8. It included breakfast, which at the time I didn't think was that good until I had breakfast in 20 other So Am hotels. So it's Ok. The common areas and good free wifi made for friendly mixing of travelers from all over the world. When I paid with US dollars, instead of the going rate of 202 Reals for $100, their rate was 190. It was only a couple blocks from the subway station. I wanted to go to the nearby beach, but rain happens, even in Rio. They were able to arrange a city tour which included Christ the Redeemer. They had party nights, which ended early enough so that it was quiet for sleeping. No elevator and up a big hill,and bunk beds, so be in shape to carry your bags in case your room is on the 3rd floor. They suggest locks for lockers which you can purchase there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just three blocks from the famous Copacabana beach, next to the metro and a beautiful national park, CabanaCopa is a new quality backpackers hostel in a street w/ 24hrs security with a warm & welcoming atmosphere of our friendly & helpful staff.A large colonial house fully renovated with clean spacious dorms and bathrooms, excellent social areas (indoor and outdoor) that include our CabanaBar w/ Live sports & music, a Games room w/ Pool table, cards etc., a Cinema room w/ 52” LCD HD Cable TV & DVD, a Computers lounge w/ Free 20Mbs Internet & Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your CabanaCopa Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabanacopa Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- CabanaCopa Hostel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil