“Unmissable Hostel for Copacabana beech convience!!”
Review of CabanaCopa Hostel

CabanaCopa Hostel
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I am a 38 year old Irish man travelling solo in south America. I have been in many hostels in Equador, Peru, Bolivia Chile and Argentina to date. This is the most fun and awesome easy goin staff I have come across!! Very knowledgable staff on hand to help you out. If your looking for clean, great clientel with a laid back ethos,then this is a the place for you!! The staff will encourage you to live it up, but they won't make you!:-) central to Copacabana beech 2 blocks down from the beech to the side of the Garage/gasoline pump station. I was here for 4 days, booked another hostel, but ran back o this hostel because I really enjoyed Cobanacopa Hostel. I highly recommend it, to the fullest! And would definitely.... definitely come back here again!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Room Tip: Just come here for clubs and pubs easy central!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Ian P, Guest Relations Manager at CabanaCopa Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our staff and that you had a good stay. We're looking forward to having you with us again! Best regards, CabanaCopa staff

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

stayed there during the first days of the worldcup: great location, great parties, nice guests, awesome staff. Big thank you to Evelyn, Enya, Lucy and Maurice for the great Time in Rio!!
I definetly will come back for the olymlique games :-)

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our location, parties and staff. We are also happy to hear you will be coming back! Best regards, CabanaCopa staff

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Excellent breakfast and very nice staff. The staff were very helpful in giving you directions and ways to get places. The hostel is walking distance from Copacabana beach, it is right next to a park and you could see monkeys every day. Great atmosphere, nice place to meet people. Only downside is that the wifi does not work in the dorms, only on the first floor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our location, staff and atmosphere. We have decided to limit the wifi to the first floor to encourage people to interact and socialize while staying at our hostel. We hope you will stay with us again! Best regards, CabanaCopa staff

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed there for few nights and it was fine, nice breakfast and really close to the trainstation and few minutes from the beach, would recommend it.

BUT someone took 2 pair of shoes from me ( of course not the hostels fault ), a hiking shoes and converse shoes, really expensive one and I tried everything to find them, I got very little help from the staff and i think I told at least 5 of the staff how they looked like and also wrote on 3 notes describing the shoes. I don´t know why but no one could look at the cameras in the hostel, only one person could and the person was busy at the time, all the time... I contacted them for a whole week trough email and came back to the hostel 2 times ( my last day in Rio). After that I continued my journey in my flip flops to LA and received an email from them 2 days later that they had found the bag with my shoes! And told me to come and get it :)!!! They would keep it for 2 months.
That was a bit problem for me because I am from Iceland and I am not planning on buying a whole ticket to get to Brazil for the shoes I lost and I don´t know anybody in Brazil, so I asked them if they could send the shoes to me to Iceland and they told me " unfortunately we do not have this kind of service" And now they are ignoring my emails...
I think this service is really poor because I have been working in the same profession and I have sent a dirty towel with holes in it trough the country that someone lost and really crappy things but these shoes mean alot to me and I am really sad that I will not be able to have them back. I hope this message will do something so I can get my hiking shoes back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Ástrún S
CabanaCopaHostel, Guest Relations Manager at CabanaCopa Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2015

We are glad you liked our breakfast and location. We're sorry you lost your shoes, of course we should have looked into this better and checked the cameras in time before you left, however after you've already left there is not much we can do. Guests forget and loose hundreds of things, it would simply take up too much of our time to send missing things to each and everyone, surely you can understand this. We hope you had a great trip despite loosing your shoes. After all, a really nice trip filled with new experience and nice memories really do beat any material thing there is.

Safe travels! CabanaCopa

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We went on a 3-week long trip with my GF and we absolutely loved the place! Facilitieswise it's decent - pleasant dorms and bathrooms cleaned everyday! Breakfast was fine - with a company of monkeylike creatures which were almost stealing food from your plate.

5 stars go for something you cannot buy at IKEA or find in best-hostel-practices-for-dummies:

the staff. Just to be modest in words, we had prolonged our stay in this hostel just because we felt like at home. Smiley, well-informed, interesting and diverse people with professionalism and friendly attitude! As I said, I could start being emotional and write poems about them, so let's cut that and just say: brilliant people.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank anyAdas

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our facilities, breakfast and staff. We will make sure to forward those lovely words to them! We hope you will stay with us again! Best regards, CabanaCopa

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Loved it at cabanacopa. The rooms arent too crowded. The social areas are cool and theres always people open for chats.

Its real close to a metro station and the beach with supermarkets, banks and churro vendors (the important stuff) literally minutes away.

However the best thing about cabanacopa is the staff. They made my trip so much better. Not only do they make suggestions but half the time they'll go out at night with you. Mauricio is so friendly and makes you feel at ease. Sylvana makes the best caipirinhas in rio! Pablo takes people to the beach to play football with his friends. Epic. Evelyn is bubbly and carlos is a dude. Ive forgotten the other ladies name but shes lovely too.

Would I go back... yes and I will!

• Stayed: May 2014
Ian P, Guest Relations Manager at CabanaCopa Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our location and staff. We are also happy about the nice things you have to say about our staff. We look forward to seeing you again! Best regards, CabanaCopa

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I was traveling alone but here you find very cool people, specially the staff; ask for Evelyn, Mauricio and Silvana! They will make excellent caipirinhas for you!

I really recommend the boat parties on Mondays!

I totally recommend cabana copa hostel!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Ian P, Public Relations Manager at CabanaCopa Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are happy to hear you met some cool people during your stay and that you like our staff. We hope to see you again! Best regards, CabanaCopa staff