We spent 5 nights in this hostel and have been really disappointed by hotsl's management.
Location is good and the facilities in the bar are nice and comfortable but hostel policies are really bad. Everything is done to get maximum amount of cash out of you
1. Price of washing 30 reais. 3 tile more than in the lavatory next door. Of course it is prohibited to dry the laundry you could have made by yourself inside the hostel
2. Fluctuation of room price in fonction of demand ( 3 time more expensive in the week end)
3. The hostel is not willing to provide normal help to travelers. We ask then if they can print our boarding pass, the answer was "we don't have printer" even though we were able to see that they had one working at reception
4. Information provided by employee about public transportation is incorrect. They were incapable to provide us the good number for the bus to go to the airport ( they gave us 4 number, none of them was going to the airport, and they even mixed up the bus stop number), but they are really motivated when provided information on the tour the hostel sponsor ( by the way those tour were extremely expensive)
4. Rooms couldn't be smaller, just the space for 2x2 beds and one corridor and lockers
5. There are quite lot of variety in the breakfast, but it is really not well organized. There is always something missing, milk, coffee, fruit, cereals, so you spend your time to ask and wait for the ladies to supply the product missing. Quality of product are not good, ham is cheap one, we had frozen cheese
6. Cleaness is ok but some day toilets were really awful ( too much people compare to toilets number)
7. Rules were changing all the time, like breakfast hour, kitchen usage hours ( only from 2pm) and the indication were not all the same.
Last but not least, we tried to book another hostel on hostelworld.com, it was impossible. The firewall of the hostel prevent you to visualized the content of others hostels search engine! Indeed, they have been receiving best atmosfeer hostel award on hostelbooker, therefore we immagine that those 2 the hostel and hostelbooker.com must have very good commercial relashionship!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just three blocks from the famous Copacabana beach, next to the metro and a beautiful national park, CabanaCopa is a new quality backpackers hostel in a street w/ 24hrs security with a warm & welcoming atmosphere of our friendly & helpful staff.A large colonial house fully renovated with clean spacious dorms and bathrooms, excellent social areas (indoor and outdoor) that include our CabanaBar w/ Live sports & music, a Games room w/ Pool table, cards etc., a Cinema room w/ 52” LCD HD Cable TV & DVD, a Computers lounge w/ Free 20Mbs Internet & Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your CabanaCopa Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabanacopa Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- CabanaCopa Hostel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil