The building apparently used to be a hotel, and this old building was fit into a hostel. So, it is an old, barroque building (as almost all of the Rio Antigo area), and really charming. Some of the comments in French were really picky, I guess they expect a hostel to be ultra new and luxurious. Plus, they clearly don't know that in Brazil they sell concentrated juice, so you have to add water... in France they sell it diluted already, anyway... Breakfast is amazing, and all the fruity smells of Rio were there in the kitchen, when you walked the beautiful street in where the hostel is located... The bedroom is simple, but everything was clean and Latin American!
Good value for a nice hostel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 150 meters away from the Catete Metro Station and 500 meters from Flamengo beach in Rio de Janeiro, the Art Hostel Rio offers private rooms with bathroom , A/C , cable TV and free WiFi , with access to the kitchen , lounges and loungers. All our rooms have private baths and thinking in large groups , we also have shared dorms with free wifi, lockers , linens / towels and private bathrooms. The breakfast buffet is served each morning in the dining room and garden terrace. The buffet includes a variety of seasonal fruits, breads, cakes , cold cuts and a selection of hot and cold drinks. The Maracana Stadium is 9 km away , while the center of Rio is just 2 km from the hostel. But the Santos Dumont Airport can be found 3 km away. We speak your language! max capacity. 110 travelers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Art Hostel Rio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Art Hostel Rio Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Art Hostel Rio Rio De Janeiro, Brazil