“Amazing trip of Rio with a fantastic guide”

Manu Peclat - Rio Tour Guide
Ranked #6 of 466 Tours in Rio de Janeiro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name's Emanuel Peclat, but everybody calls me MANU PECLAT. I'm an accredited local private tour guide in Rio de Janeiro,licensed by the Brazilian Ministry of Tourism for 10 years in "the world's marvellous city". Exclusive, privately taken City Tours with ME as your private guide, on board of a safe, comfortably A/C modern vehicles WITH A SEPARATE DRIVER, allowing me to dedicate FULL ATTENTION to my guests without concerning about traffic, searching for parking spots at the attractions, and saving a precious and valuable time of our tour lenght!! I welcome all travelers with the warmth and smile of my people, the astonishing views of our nature, the richness of our culture, the unforgettable touristic highlights which makes RIO, one of the most visited places in the world. Contact me thru TripAdvisor's contact listed e-mail, and make your trip to Brazil an UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE!!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Dublin, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Amazing trip of Rio with a fantastic guide”
Reviewed 30 November 2010

It was my first time in Rio, I ahd done my reserach for a private tour guide and Manu seemed to be very highly recommended. he was great at keeping in touch and giving me all the info I needed. unfortunately he was booked up for the day i wanted, but he recommended another tour guide he works with- a wonderful lady called neyla Bontempo. i was a bit apprehensive about this as i had no info on Neyla, but manu ensured me she was as good as the reviews I'd read about him. Neyla was brilliant, she was on time at my hotel, very warm and friendly, excellent English. A very friendly lasy with a lot of expereince and knowledge about Rio. She gave us so much information. She is very easy going and great fun. We had a lot of laughs and saw so much of Rio, aswel as all the tourist sights, she took us to a local market, which was amazing, there were lots of opportunities to take pictures and we could stay as long or as short as we wanted ast places. It was a fantastic experience and I would definitely recommend it for your trip to Rio-it is a must!!

1 Thank lOVEMYLUXURY

• Hebrew first
Vancouver Island
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Terrible Customer Service”
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I have sent this tour several emails and ne does not even reply, what kind of service is that. We are going to be in Rio on December 16th until December 20th and have tried over and over again to get a guide, I also tried Rafael Torres Loes, he also has not given us the time of day. Bad service. They both have my email address

4 Thank Silver sun
riotourguide, Owner at Manu Peclat - Rio Tour Guide, responded to this review, 2 December 2010
Dear Sir or M'am,
I deeply apologise my lack of attention about not replying your e-mail.
In spite of I had a "bug" on my "communication center"(actually my blackberry "bugged") a couple of weeks ago, I thought I had recovered all the e-mails sent during those days. My mistake, I see now. :-(
Hope it's still about time to help you out on having a great time in Rio, if you haven't booked anything with anyone else!!
Please, send me your querie again and I'll be pleased on assisting you the best way I can.
Once again my deepest apologies and kind regards,

Tucson
“Manu 'The Man' Peclat”
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Spend a day or 2 with 'The Man' before you do anything else in Rio. He is nice, professional, funny, and very knowledgable with those hard to use DSLR cameras. Manu ensured we visited the main attractions, experienced some 'off the beaten path' attractions, took fabulous pictures, and had a game plan for the rest of our trip. Ask 'The Man' where to go for Bossa Nova jazz and Samba. Thanks Manu! See you next time.

riotourguide, Manager at Manu Peclat - Rio Tour Guide, responded to this review, 22 November 2010
I have no words to say how I appreciated what you wrote!! Thank you SO much for trusting me as your private tour guide in Rio and know that I AM THE REFLEX OF THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH EVERYDAY!!

Certified Tour Guide & Rio's promoter.
“The best to accompany you in Rio city”
Reviewed 10 November 2010

It was in july 2010, while I was there in the fabolus city with Manu. For sure, you'll feel like with one of your best relative or freind. When I have the chance to advise a tour guide, I'll recommend MANU,,,

Minneapolis, MN
527 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 677 helpful votes
“The best tour guide in the world?”
Reviewed 9 November 2010

My wife and I travel the world. We typically get a private guide for 1 or 2 days to get our bearings in a city. We signed up with Manu well in advance. We communicated back and forth on what a tour should consist of and he gave plenty of advice on what to do when we had free time as well.

We spent almost two full days with Manu and never felt like he was a guide. He was a friend. Thats the real difference with him. Its like he is a friend showing you around his country. Which is exactly what he was. We never felt rushed. We never felt like he was watching the time to make sure we only got a certain amount. Manu was ONLY concerned with one thing: making sure we had a fabulous time and to share that experience with someone else that may want to come to Rio.

So many other people in the tourism industry do things for the wrong reasons. They take you to a certain restaurant because they are paid to do so. They take you to a shopping area because they are paid to do so. Not Manu. He takes you to the places that you want to see.

We had a blast. It was nothing but hugs for Manu when we had to leave. I wish we had another week to spend with him!

His prices are very reasonable, but even if you are on the fence, ask yourself how much are you really going to see in a large group format or if you do things by yourself. Spend the money and do it right. Manu is the guy. He is worth every dollar and then some!

You must book with Manu.