Travelling on business during the World Cup will probably never be "cost effective". I struggled to find a good option and the Novotel seemed like a reliable option, even though it was more expensive than what I had expected.
The hotel was fine - good sized rooms with everything you would expect (except an iron, which is also not available from room service). Breakfast was great, but I would not recommend the hotel bar which is low on ambience with a limited menu. If you're in Rio on business then the downtown location will probably be ideal.
Next time, I will probably stay choose to stay in Ipanema and just spend more time travelling to the office.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel has more than 400 hotels in 60 countries, located in the centre of key cities and suitable both for business trips and for holidays. Whether you visit us to relax, eat, work or find yourself, our facilities and teams are entirely at your service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Novotel Rio De Janeiro Santos Dumont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Rio De Janeiro Santos Dumont Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Hotel Novotel Rio De Janeiro Santos Dumont Brazil