I took my wife to a holiday to Brazil which involved going to Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo and Foz du Igauçu. And this hotel was the place we booked to stay while we were in Rio.
The hotel itself is clean and the staff are very helpful - although most seemed to struggle with English which was slightly surprising - in Sao Paulo and Foz du Iguaçu the hotel staff were fluent, but perhaps as this was the business district then most of their guests only speak Portuguese? Or maybe because the World Cup had finished there was no need for English speaking staff?
Anyway, the room was comfortable but basic, but good enough for our needs as most of our days were spent sight-seeing, shopping, visiting museums and going to the beach. Location-wise it's not the best if you're planning to see the main attractions as I found out to my cost with the number of taxis we had to get everywhere! But I suppose that's my fault for not researching more thoroughly.
We could see the runway of Santos Dumont Airport and despite being so close we weren't disturbed by the noise at all. The wifi in our room was poor, with only a small area next to the door being able to pick up a decent wifi signal (not ideal when you want to check out local attractions in bed) which was disappointing. The wifi downstairs was good though but not ideal if you just want to chill out in your room. Downstairs in the lobby they also have Apple iMacs and a printer which are free to use which was great for printing off our boarding passes.
Overall, a very good hotel but consider the location if you want to see the main attractions during your stay, otherwise you'll be paying a lot for taxis!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel has more than 400 hotels in 60 countries, located in the centre of key cities and suitable both for business trips and for holidays. Whether you visit us to relax, eat, work or find yourself, our facilities and teams are entirely at your service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Southall Travel, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel RJ Santos Dumont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Rio De Janeiro Santos Dumont Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Novotel RJ Santos Dumont Rio De Janeiro, Brazil