“Marcio is awesome!”
Review of Rio Tours Operator

Rio Tours Operator
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Marcio Guedes. I am a Licensed Tour Guide/Operator and a native of Rio de Janeiro who lived and studied four years in the United States and one year in Europe. I have also worked as a Dietitian and as a Teacher of English.I can assist you with airport transfers, tourist attractions, restaurants, shopping, nightlife and off the beaten path places. Customized tours to do what you want at your own pace. Larger vehicles for bigger groups, from full-size vans to buses.I can also get excellent hotel rates and domestic flights for groups. I have colleagues who speak German, French and Spanish.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I highly recommend Marcio's tour to everyone who takes a trip to Rio. We saw many, many different sights and Marcio was VERY knowledgeable about the landscape and the history of Rio. We had a very big group of people in our group and he was accommodating towards everyone in our group, he was patient with us and he made sure that we got the best out of the tour and what Rio has to offer. If you're looking into having a tour of Rio you should definitely go with him. He will take care of you!

1  Thank Doug R
in 5 reviews
"selaron steps"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I had gotten in touch with Marcio about a month in advanced of my groups trip to Rio for the World Cup to schedule an all day tour. He was EXTREMELY accommodating and responsive in terms of recommending different sights to see during out 8 hour tour. We had a group of 10 (that turned into a group of 15 2 days before the actual tour) Marcio went above and beyond to find a new van that could accommodate my whole group. During the actual tour, he was honestly the most knowledgeable, patient and flexible tour guide that I have ever gotten a tour from. He bought all of our tickets for sugarloaf and christ the redeemer in advanced, to speed up the process when we did the tour; this was a huge help. He also took us to an amazing restaraunt for lunch. His prices are fair, service is top notch and flexible.

IN ADDITION to the tour, my group did a 2day excursion to buzios. He helped find us transportation to-from (which is about a 2 hour drive)

MARCIO IS THE MAN! Thanks again for something I will remember for the rest of my life!

3  Thank bbarryau
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Marcio's tour was excellent and you could tell that he was very knowledgeable about Rio's past, present, and even gave us insight on where the city was going in the future...His english was extremely good which was a comfort in a city where not a lot of the people speak English...I would definitely recommend his services to anyone that came to visit the city...

1  Thank BFras
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I traveled to Rio for a short 4 day trip. We contacted Marcio via email a couple days before, and he made himself available to fit our schedule! Marcio was a great tour guide, taking us throughout all the major attractions and giving us a wealth of information. Not to mention, he spoke perfect English, which was hard to come by when my girlfriend and I ventured out on our own. It were the little things Marcio did that made him great. He took us to local eats that only locals would know about, as long lines showed the popularity. He let us know the popular home dishes and drinks. We were able to see Christ Redeemer before the other tourists packed the site, and were able to take great photos without others in the background. He was able to prioritize what we wanted to see since we only had a short time in Rio. We were extremely happy with his services and felt Marcio gave us an authentic brazilian experience with his knowledge of the area. Very professional, organized, on-time, friendly, well spoken, and would highly recommend him to anyone visiting Rio. We made a great friend with Marcio.

4  Thank Evan Jason C