My husband and I reserved one of the smaller rooms (the Mango Room) for our honeymoon and we still felt like princes in that room. The villa and its grounds are carefully manicured and cared for by the owner, Guido, Allesandru, and the team of housekeepers, and from the moment you walk in, you feel like caring for the house and its guests is a labor of love.
Every morning we woke up excited about having breakfast - the incredible spread of freshly made eggs with pao do queijo (cheese bread), tapioca with jam, fresh fruit with granola topped off with fresh coffee and fresh guava juice. Over breakfast, we'd talk with the other people staying at the villa as well or ask Guido for advice on what to do in Rio that day or the easiest way to get where we needed to go. Whenever we got back to our room, we felt like we were coming back to our own home, as we talked quietly in the garden over the champagne Guido had surprised us with for our honeymoon, or just rested in our room after a long day.
We highly recommend this place to anyone staying in Rio for a warm, safe abode away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guesthouse Bianca is one of the only places in all of Rio de Janeiro from which you can enjoy a true bohemian neighborhood, the chic beaches of the south, the bustling city center, the infamous viewpoints, and the non stop nightlife - all from the luxury of a private home surrounded by a tropical garden. The newly renovated home was built in 1932 and is located on a quiet residential street in the heart of Santa Teresa, considered by many to be the most charming cultural and historical neighborhood in all of Rio. Guests are only a 5 minute walk to countless restaurants, bars, shops, bus and tram stops, and just a 10 minute walk to Rio's ever expanding metro system. The three rooms are exquisitely appointed and furnished, two of which boast stunning views of the Bay of Guanabara and Sugar Loaf. The private guest entrance is through the lush garden, where you can find mango, coconut and goiaba trees, bromeliads, orchids, not to mention countless tropical birds and the occasional monkey. All of the rooms have elegant private bathrooms, inlaid hardwood floors, air conditioning, ceiling fans, and free wireless Internet. On the ground floor, guests have their own dining room and a self-catering kitchenette where they are welcome to prepare light meals and drinks. Guesthouse Bianca's gracious host, Guido, is a native Cariocan and has lived in Rio all his life. He speaks English, French and Italian and is always available to give tips on Rio, or join guests for a homemade piece of cake or a cachaca on the terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Guesthouse Bianca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guesthouse Bianca Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Guesthouse Bianca Rio De Janeiro, Brazil