“Great food but one visit should be sufficient/not top-notch service for the money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of CT Boucherie

CT Boucherie
Ranked #18 of 13,575 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse, Brazilian, Barbecue, South American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Leblon
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were in Leblon and visited this place as it is ranked 8th out of the thousands of restaurant in Rio. It did not disappoint us--the watermelon carpaccio was uniquely delicious and refreshing, mind-blowing good! We had T bone steak and another premium one which I cannot recall. The steak was rather chewy (not the most tender/melt-in-your-mouth meat) but good. We ordered half "pichet" of wine which was nice. What was amazing was the side dishes--multiple creative or delicious choices delicately cooked to perfection. We were really impressed! The dessert was ok. The server didn't speak English but we were able to get by. The experience was so good that we returned to CT Boucherie our last night in Rio. However, I regret going back which sort of ruined our great experience. The appetizer this time was a deep-friend meat/veggie pastry which was good yet not great. The duck confit I had was tender and nice and my boyfriend had the house specialty which is like a meat lasagna but without the pasta. The side dishes were not as exciting this time since they were the same as our first visit.
The disaster came prior to being served the main courses when one of the servers knocked over my boyfriend's full wine glass which spilled all over my dress. I was not at all mad though and the server provided lemon gas water which helped remove the stain pretty well. However, never once did anyone apologize, not even in Portuguese which I found rather strange. The server(s) did not refill my boyfriend's wine which was full before the server broke the glass and our bill was not deducted at all--full R$55 charge. This I found very uncommon being used to great Canadian restaurant service. Plus this restaurant is considered a nice one in Rio. Thus, we walked out not having been apologized by anyone for the accident and not getting reimbursed for our wine that we paid for. I told my Carioca friends about this incident and they also found this very bizarre. Maybe they didn't care as much as we were tourists? I don't know...

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mandy K

• Turkish first
Bali
“Top! A must in Rio!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed for 3 weeks in Brazil during the world cup visiting many cities and restaurants. This restaurant was for sure the best restaurant of all the restaurants we tried around Brazil.

It came highly recommend from some locals in Leblon and we are so happy to have tried this place.

The food is amazing and the side dishes are one of the most original and best I ever had.Also the service was very professional and very nice. Great atmosphere as well.

Really top experience! Five star plus!

Gainesville, Florida
“Best meal in Brazil!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Absolutely one of the best meals I've ever had! We went with a very large group (17!) and they were very accommodating. The food was GREAT! You choose your meat and they bring around endless plates of side dishes. It's impossible to decide which one was the most delicious. Superior wine list. The space is small and lovely. Knowledgable staff - very friendly and patient, especially considering the language barrier. Worth the price. Do NOT miss it!!

Edmonton, Canada
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Best meal I had in Rio over the course of a few weeks. It's a bit pricey but the steak is so good and the excellent sides keep coming until you can eat no more. Good ambiance and interior too. Personally, nicer than a churrascaria.

australia
“Wow a great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is one of the best steakhouses I have ever been to. A French inluenced Brazilian Steakhouse. Great service and outstanding steaks-ribeye on the bone, that I can only dream of. Even better were the French style roasted vegetables that are included in the price of your steak, that are served throughout the meal. Better then the steak. No bookings and very popular. Expensive. YOU MUST GO.