“lack of professionalism / falta de profissionalismo”
Review of Easy Fly Rio

Easy Fly Rio
More attraction details
Owner description: Hang gliding is an amazing sensation and it is within the reach of all visitors coming to Rio. You will enjoy the feeling of flying accompanied by our experienced instructors and all necessary orientation to a safe and pleasant flight.
Reviewed 19 November 2013

O agendamento não funciona. Marcamos e confirmamos o voo, mas eles inventou uma desculpa. Poderia ter avisado algumas horas antes, mas ligou 5 minutos antes inventando várias desculpas. Aconselho procurar outras pessoas. É só ir no local e conversar com outros profissionais.

The schedule does not work. We mark and confirm the flight, but they invented an excuse. Could have warned a few hours before, but called 5 minutes before making various excuses. I recommend looking for other people. Just go on the site and talk with other professionals.

3  Thank CarlosMMM

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Easy Fly Rio Hang Gliding was an amazing experience i will never forget, they were very informative about their clients and care for safety i tried to schedule with them three time but had to canceled due it being very windy and Marcio made sure i was informed about the condition and once it was time to hang glide they gave good instruction with his staff and kept you at ease, once we took off, it was awesome i loved it and it was just the best thing i ever done, and it was breath taking, very BEAUTIFUL Easy Fly Rio is a great place to start i would recommend them to anyone who want hang gliding

1  Thank boxerguy01
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I have to confess everyone thinks I was mad throwing myself off a mountain 520-meters up and I have never been so scared in my life. But when you get over the fear and start flying over the beaches and mountains I went from one extreme to the other.

It was so peaceful and my one regret was the 6-mins or so didn't last longer. It was an incredible and amazing experience and one I was so pleased I plucked up the courage to get over my fear of heights and enjoy.

The instructors are brilliant and speak great English and everything was well worth the money paid.

If you go to Rio then make sure you check this out and if you find yourself running off the mountain into the Rio skies you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank KevL69
Reviewed 24 June 2013

First of All: Hang Gliding in Rio easily makes the top things to do when you are visiting. IT IS BEAUTIFUL. I would give the experience a 5 Stars. Though I really wish it lasted longer.

Pros:
- The Owner is responsive on emails.
and the Pros kind of end over there..

Cons:
- Marcio (owner) is rude and borderline insulting. We forgot to shut the door of his car and he was extremely rude about it. Almost yelled at us and asked with brows up "Did you lock the door?" What..You are not my Dad, so back off.

- Don't listen to him when he says that Cameras are not allowed to be taped on your wrist or hands, or GoPro is not allowed, it is [--]. I wish we did not listen to him. He says that the Flight take off guys will check it and it is forbidden, not our experience. No1 checked anything.

- So over emails, he mentioned: "Thanks for contacting Easy Fly Rio. Hang Gliding Tandem with ours instructors custs R$250,00. Buying photos and vídeo R$100,00 transport for free ( soult Zone ). Just lets us know the adress and we'll pick you up at the Hotel. We have available:"
We found out the hard way that if you BUY the Photos and Videos ONLY then the Pick up and Drop off is Free, else the Charge is R$30 per person. Marcio argued with us for a long time over this. There was no mention of R$30 per person for transfer in his email. He again was extremely rude and sarcastic about how he missed to mention a "If" in the email. Please Don't teach me English, for sure you need some lessons.

- Extremely pushy and won't give you anytime to savor the experience. I am not doing it for your stupid Video recording and Pictures. So back off.

- No mention of the R$20 for the Hang Gliding association fees. This guy is a fraud. He will not tell you many details on the email and will lead you to assume that he is giving you the bext quote, when in reality, companies charging more are upfront and honest in giving information. The R$250 quote is really a R$250 + R$20(fees) + R$100(Pic+Videos) = R$370. When the other quotes I received were for R$295(Dive and Pics and Videos) + R$20(fees) + R$30 (transfer) = R$345. WAY more honest and upfront than what Marcio made me believe.

The entire experience was spoiled because of the rude behavior. I wish I would have just picked some other company. I would highly caution anyone who is considering Easy Fly because of their low quotes. It is a fraud quote. The real meaning is hard to understand till the last minute.

Again, Hang gliding in Rio is a must BUT definitely avoid Easy Fly Rio Hang Gliding.

19  Thank GotSumS
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I flew with the instructor Renato who spoke English very well and totally put me at ease. From the drive up through the preparations and take off it felt super easy and they made sure nerves didn't creep up. I was in the air for a little under 7 minutes and it felt super fast but unlike other complaints on this site I do believe that is entirely up to the weather. He let me "take control" for a good portion of the flight and I had a super smooth landing. My husband had been saying I was crazy to do it but after watching me he really wants the experience. It is totally worth the price of 350 reals including video and photos for this once in a lifetime experience!

1  Thank Kate G