“Great steak just keeps on coming until you concede defeat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Carretao Churrascaria
Ranked #384 of 13,575 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Copacabana
“Great steak just keeps on coming until you concede defeat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I loved this place.
For £25 a head at the prevailing exchange rates fast, efficient, courteous service brought me an unending selection of dead animal.

The restaurant knew they had a 250lb bear on their hands and they were great at just keeping it coming until I recognised I needed to stop. As a carnivore, I was in heaven.

There was a salad buffet and I did actually eat some salad and found it very tasty though there were some hit and miss items up there.

The restaurant itself is modern and comfortable and well air conned after I had been scorched out of it on Ipanema beach. There are TVs in the corner of the restaurant so you can keep up on the latest Brazilian soap or the footy at a distance.

I went here 3 or 4 times in the 10 days I was in Rio including in my last day.
You might not like it - I did :)

• Visited April 2014

Mexico City, Mexico
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

It was recommended by locals so we decided to give it a try. We actually found a coupon online for the rodizio too! So instead of 52 reals per person it was 46.

The salad bar is small compared to others visited in Sao Paulo, but it is quite varied. The meat is just OK. If you are an absolute meat lover you might be disappointed with the quality of the meat. For us, it was very salty.

I was travelling with a 6 year old who ate NOTHING. He tried two kinds of meat and disliked them due to the saltiness and they still charged for his meal 26 reals. We felt completely ripped off.

I would not go back.

1 Thank MexAdv
London
“possibly the worst rodizio I ever had”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I love a good rodizio, and this was a let down to say the least. Not so much options on the meat, the staff looked like they couldn't be bothered to be there, we nearly walked out without paying as we asked for our bill 5 times and nobody brought it even though the restaurant was not busy.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank babyhilly
“A must just off the main beach road”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Having been here before I thought I would have to try again. This time much as the last it was very busy but they managed to sort a table for two without any wait.
The waiters do a great job of bringing you food straight from the grill and its a must to try the various different cuts of beef, lamb,chicken and pork.
There is a large salad bar where you may help yourself, which is kept well supplied.
Take your time, enjoy the food and leave a space for a desert.

• Visited February 2014
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“GREAT service, good salads, meat not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Recommended locally, so gave it a try. The place was EXCEPTIONALLY busy, which made it a bit of a genuine fight to get to the salad bar. Salad options were GREAT and a lot to choose from, desserts were delicious and HUGE. Service was excellent, from the waiters/servers and management. But, we went there for great meat, and we were disappointed. The meat was often tough and overcooked, having said that, some of the thinly carved beef was perfectly red, just as I like it, but way too salty. Too much beef for me.... I was spoilt rotten with a month in Argentina, so nothing quite compares, but, a little variety in the meat would have been nice.

It cost us 200 Reals / £50 for us both with two beers and a water. for the experience we had, this is overpriced, although cheap compared to other meat buffets in the Copacabana area.

Feel mean giving a 3 but, there's a big difference between Average and Very good..... Trip Adviser need a Good option!! Often find this annoying!

• Visited February 2014