“Marvellous experience!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Calgary
“Marvellous experience!”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Everything is fantastic in this place! The furniture, wine, food, service... I really enjoyed this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013

“Bad surprise”
Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

We went to the restaurant after reading excellent reviews here. We came a 1/2 hour to early, instead of offering us something to drink, we had to wait outside while it was a cold rainy day. The food was ok but not excelent, we haf pizza, ravioli and lasagna. The pizza was dry. When we got the invoice, they charged 40 Reais extra for a small snack that came before the main menu which was not ok. After paying a bit more than the total amount of 289 Reais, they advised that I should pay at least 318 Reais, because the service is 10%. Normaly I pay that service fee, even it is optional by brazilien law, but because of the surprising 40 Reais for the snack and the circumstances they treeted us in the beginning, I was not willing to pay more. They investigeted and tried me to force to pay the fee. So therefore I am really not excited about the service of this restaurant. Sorry!

4 Thank Mseelig
Montreal, Canada
“Best Italian food ever”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is the best italian restaurant I've been. I live next to it. Although its location is far from the touristic places of Rio de Janeiro, this restaurant beats all other italians of the south zone of the city (that is the richest zone). Fiorino is a traditional style restaurant, the two store house is old and well conserved and with beautiful architecture of old Rio de Janeiro. There is a space inside and outside. Outside you can see the wood stove where they make delicious pizzas and sit at candle light. Inside you can have a feeling of old Rio with old furniture. The food is delicious and the wine list is great. I recommend eating the "nhoque de abóbora com molho de gorgonzola" (Pumpkin gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce). Desserts are awesome and they make their own ice cream.
The price is perfect. As the restaurant is far from the richest zone which is obviously the more expensive, the prices for the food are lower compared to other fancy restaurants.
Get well dressed and go there. Ah, it is close to two metro stations: "São Francisco Xavier" and "Afonso Pena".

• Visited March 2012