Atlantico Business Centro
Ibis Rio de Janeiro Parque Olimpico(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$33
  • Restaurant
Ibis Copacabana Posto 2(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$66
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)
US$252
US$143
Hotels.com
US$317
US$255
  • Beachfront
Hotel Mar Palace Copacabana(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$67
  • Pool
Mar Ipanema Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$109
  • Breakfast included
Atlantis Copacabana(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$55
  • Breakfast included
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$130
  • Pool
Copacabana Sol Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
US$56
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Midas Rio Suites(Rio de Janeiro)
US$48
US$47
1,311 results
All reviewssantos dumont airportduring weekdaysinternational airportbuenos aireswalking distancehotel is locatedcinelandiaatlanticolapataxicopacabanasafety
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Don't go here, the staff cannot be trusted. I stayed at this hotel for a business trip and I accidentally left some clothes behind in the room. After I left Rio they confirmed that they had found and stored my clothes, but they were unwilling to send the clothes to me, even at my own expense. Only after weeks of persistence, with help from a local friend, they agreed to send the clothes to me. But they tried to rip me off by charging me 3x more than the actual shipping costs. Only after threatening with the police they complied. I've never experienced such an unhelpful and untrustworthy staff in a business hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JasperKlewer
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I was in Rio for a conference and found this hotel at the last minute when there were not a lot of options. They charged us an exorbinant rate (more than $700 USD) for this two star hotel. The staff could not have been less helpful, most especially the manager Wendell. He was dismissive and condescending in addition to being very unhelpful. Our room was not ready when we checked in, even though it was after check in time. They sent us up to the "pool" which was essentially a bathtub. We then decided to get a bite to eat and asked Wendell for a recommendation. As soon as he heard that we did not want to eat in the hotel's restaurant he would no longer assist us.
The room was fairly clean and standard. The internet worked intermittently at best and for a hotel that brands themselves as a business hotel, laughable. The breakfast was of poor quality and did not change during our entire stay. The neighborhood was a bit unsavory and I definitely would not have walked around there after dark.
All that being said this was one of the least pleasant hotel stays I have ever had as well as one of the most expensive. We moved to the Hotel Saint Teresa for the last night and paid much less for a five star room. Buyer beware with this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ConniePik
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I booked this hotel in April 2012 but I landed to another hotel. Actually there are 2 hotels in Rio De Janeiro with resembling names -
1. Hotel Atalantico Business Copacabana and
2. Hotel Atlantico Copacabana.
So I booked the first and the taxi braught me to the later. When they didn't find my booking, I chased expedia.com where I had made a booking but didn't find anything (Espedia is in 30% cases a bad website and a mysterious company who will not simply respond) and didn't find any of my bookings. So now I made my booking for the second hotel. Later both the hotels took money for same days stay.
I had to struggle very much to get my money back for double booking. In fact it was more schocked that my credit card was already charged and I saw booking confirmation on expedia.com but I neither received any email, nor could I get this booking in my iteneraries. I contacted the hotel Atlantico Business and Mr. Marcello said that they didn't receive any booking and as it was a Sunday, he didn't expect any booking further. So I had to have 2 times money as first was already paid and no service offered and 2nd where I was landed was yet to be paid.

Despite of several emails to Expedia, I never received any reply or solution (Expedia is popular for this). Finally I started to complaint the authorities in US and charge back from credit card. Then, afraid of being punisched by the authorities, Expedia replied after 1 week when I had already left Rio. I still had to call/mail several times and spend a lot of money and time before I got my money back.

However I have no complaint about the hotel, but I paid to this hotel and I the money was still held by this hotel or on name of this hotel, therefore this review. I also had telephonic interactions with Mr. Marcello, working at the reception. I believe this hotel to be much better and expensive then Hotel Atlantico Therefore I give it benifit of doubt and thus a general score without complaint.
So next time be careful in your booking and selections.

Room Tip: Note the confusing names of hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel as its sister hotel flooded due to a burst pipe. We were given great rooms, everything was clean, not too hot or cold for once, air con worked, hot showers, and really well located in the centre by the Cathedral and not far from Lapa. The breakfast is crazy good and even had fresh mango as well as papaya, melon, watermelon, different eggs, various bread, pastry, cereals and lots of juices. Great friendly service.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2012

stayed here one night before a flight to the USA....clean, business hotel ( eventhough they charge for wireless internet R15)...close to domestic airport and USA consulante....not close to the beach..........good breakfast.....included......staff speaks english...walking dististence to a number of musuems and Santa Theresa Tram ( which is currently closed) resturants and most services ( drug store, copies, fax, etc. ) near by......I had a weekend rate of R189....AC., TV...nice rooms.....I booked through booking.com.........because its in english........walking distance to the metro............roof top pool and lookout..........nice

Room Tip: do not forget to go to the roof top pool and look out...........good views
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo