“Tour of Rio with Madson Araujo”

Madson Araujo, Rio De Janeiro Tour
Ranked #3 of 452 Tours in Rio de Janeiro
More attraction details
Owner description: Customized private tours to Sugar Loaf, Christ the Redeemer statue, colonial areas, and more. English, French, Spanish and Italian spoken. IMPORTANT: I do not send another tour guide to do my job -- I will be your guide.
London, United Kingdom
“Tour of Rio with Madson Araujo”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had booked Madson for a tour of Rio during the World Cup months in advance. Right from the first enquiry he was very clear and professional about everything. Timings, sights etc were all made clear. Making a booking was also straightforward. On the day of the tour Madson arrived at the exact time he had promised (he was waiting for us in fact!) and off we went. A warm, enthusiastic, friendly guy, we felt comfortable with Madson right away. He constantly gives you information about Rio and its surroundings as you drive from area to area so not a minute of the tour goes to waste. He took us to a favela which he knew would be safe for us. He seems to be well known there which made it a lot for welcoming for us. Our tour itinerary changed a little as we wanted to stay at the favela a little longer than originally planned - Madson was absolutely fine with this and was quite happy for us to take our time and choose exactly wherewe wanted to spend our time.

His overall knowledge of Rio is excellent. He'll give you the lowdown on where to eat, drink, shop, relax and how to stay safe.

If you want to be shown around Rio then Madson is without doubt the number 1 guy for a fun, informative and safe tour of the beautiful city.

Visited June 2014
MadsonGuide, Owner at Madson Araujo, Rio De Janeiro Tour, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you very much for the detailed review, filled with compliments about my services. All the best. Madson.

St Albans, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rio sightseeing”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I spotted Madson on Tripadvisor a few months ago and was delighted to book his trips as part of our World Cup plans. Overall we had 2 great trips - early starts for Christ and Sugar Loaf which meant we missed the crowds and made the most of our time. Madson also took us to a Favela and a local market which we wouldn't have done without his local knowledge. I would completely recommend Madson- an informative insightful guide who delivers in a witty engaging way.

Visited June 2014
Thank you for the review and for recommending my services. All the best. Madson.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Rio sightseeing tour with Madson”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Many thanks to Madson for bringing our Rio trip to life. Great knowledge, English, organisation and sense of humour all added up to two great tours. We started early in the morning to beat the rush which worked perfectly so we we spent our time sightseeing instead of standing in lines. The highlight was Christ Redeemer but everything that we did was fantastic and will live long in the memory. Well done Madson, keep up the great work. David S.

Visited June 2014
MadsonGuide, Owner at Madson Araujo, Rio De Janeiro Tour, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
I am glad to read that the tour will live long in your memory. Thank you for the review. All the best. Madson.
Atlanta, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Rio was very busy during World Cup. All attractions were packed with tourists. I am so glad I have booked Madson's services. He has ordered tickets in advance, so we didn't have to stay in endless lines and saved tour time. I have created my own tour itinerary with the sights I wanted to see, and Madson was fun and informative. He had also provided me with some helpful tips for my future sightseeing of Rio.
Highly recommend. Especially, if you are coming for a short visit.

Visited June 2014
MadsonGuide, Owner at Madson Araujo, Rio De Janeiro Tour, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
I am obsessed in providing an efficient tour, that's why everything went smooth in spite of the crowds. Thank you very much for the review. All the best. Madson.
“Rio tour”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very personable, enjoyed time with him. Given the cost of the tour I expected more information (mini-lectures) - the tour was more of a really nice English-speaking private driver than an extended tour filled with information. If you are looking for history, architecture etc. then another tour would be better.

Visited June 2014
The overwhelming majority of reviewers have mentioned that my tours are "informative". However, the amount and type of information I give varies from group to group. If I feel that the group wants to learn more about a specific subject, I give more info about it. Otherwise, I change the direction towards whatever subject appeals to the group (economy, culture, everyday life, etc). By the way, history and architecture are not my areas of expertise, and that is cleared mentioned in my first email reply. However, your wife has booked the tour, not you, and apparently she has not forwarded the email to the rest of the group, so you and the other couple did not learn the terms and conditions.