“Awesome!”

and up
Rio Samba Experience: Dance Class and Night Out at the Rio Scenarium Samba Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience Brazil's dance culture and nightlife with a Samba lesson and night out in Rio. Start your evening at a Copacabana dance studio with a personal instructor to teach you some moves. Then head out to a club to meet some locals and start dancing! Get to know Rio's famous nightlife and meet some locals as you build confidence in your dancing and have a great night out!The dance class can happen directly before going to a club, or you can choose to meet your instructor later on and go to the club together.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

A cool 1h class which was a lot of fun :-) the samba party afterwards was legendary. Helio is just awesome!!

2 Thank Andy C
RioSambaDancer, Proprietário at Rio Samba Dancer, responded to this review, 18 January 2015
Dear,

I'm glad to read that you had great experience with Rio Samba Dancer.

Urbana, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome time learning Samba and Forro”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

One of the best dance instructors I have ever encountered. Really nice guy, great teacher and loads of fun. I highly recommend you check him out if you find yourself in Rio.

2 Thank Neoshiva
Dear,

I'm glad to read that you had great experience with Rio Samba Dancer. Dancing samba and forró ;)
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the highlights of my trip to Brazil”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A few friends and I decided - on a whim - to try samba lessons and the experience exceeded all expectations. Helio was not only a fantastic instructor, but also pretty hilarious. He had us constantly cracking up in class and I was actually sad when class was over. Not that the nightclub experience at Rio Scenarium wasn't great. We bypassed the line. The caiprinhas were flowing. A live band played samba classics. It was packed with interesting people from all over the world. And Helio helped us practice our new moves. Highly recommend!
Oh and his studio is located right in Copacabana, which was very convenient. We also received a little swag -- a CD full of samba music. :)

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Drunken_Elk
RioSambaDancer, Proprietário at Rio Samba Dancer, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for participating in our "Samba Class + Samba Night Tour". Thank you for submitting your comment. I'm very glad you enjoyed our service, we try to do our best for you all to enjoy.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good times in Rio”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I've been in Rio for almost a month and I still haven't done samba! But I thought it would be weird if I did it by myself so I decided to take this class with the samba tour afterwards. SO MUCH FUN! It of course was a bit awkward at first (at least when you're by yourself) but Helio is super outgoing and friendly; my group was great. Rio Scenarium is definitely a touristic place but one worth going to in Rio (be sure to take pictures! It's also an antique shop so the decorum is fabulous)

The dance steps you learn are definitely simple basic ones that you can use; although don't be intimidated when you don't see the rest of the people dancing the same way. People don't care and it's all about having fun and enjoying yourself.
Now I don't feel as awkward or stupid going to these places by myself because it was such a blast
Definitely recommend this class with tour. Also be sure to take of video of Helio's dance moves at the club!

1 Thank Lor R
Manitoba, Canada
“Samba Dance Lessons in Rio”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I were unsure how a short, single dance class (in Samba no less) would be sufficient to actually dance Samba on the same day. Yet after experiencing the class we can wholeheartedly say that all the positive reviews are 100% true. The dance instructor Helio is not just a gifted teacher who was so easily able to make a full class of newbie individuals into capable Samba dancers within an hour or so. Helio also made it an extremely enjoyable experience and taught everyone how to dance the Samba as individuals as well as, teaching everyone a Samba couples style of dance. Helio is totally fun (& funny), easy to listen to and learn from and very people oriented. After the class Helio took us to a 3 story Samba club where there was a huge 2 hour waiting lineup just to get in, but he has connections to bypass the line and our entire group of more than 20 were immediately walking into the Club. Helio made everyone comfortable at the Club and ensured everyone a safe and very fun evening. We also got to know Max (Helio's assistant) and he was super energetic, friendly and helpful throughout the entire night. They speak fluent English too which was helpful for pretty much our entire group. We came to the class thinking there's little hope that we'll learn enough to pick up the dance steps and style, but it was apparent within 10-15 minutes that we were definitely going to get it. That credit is completely due to Helio's teaching methods so we are completely willing to highly recommend Helio's Samba class to everyone even if only slightly interested in sampling Samba while in Rio.