“Samba and Helio = Fantastic night not to be missed”
Review of Rio Samba Dancer

and up
Rio Samba Experience: Dance Class and Night Out at the Rio Scenarium Samba Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience Brazil's dance culture and nightlife with a Samba lesson and night out in Rio. Start your evening at a Copacabana dance studio with a personal instructor to teach you some moves. Then head out to a club to meet some locals and start dancing! Get to know Rio's famous nightlife and meet some locals. Easy, Safe and Fun!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed 11 August 2014

As a solo female traveller to Rio, going out at night by myself wasn't a good idea, but not on this night. Easy taxi to Helio's dance studio in Copacabana and greeted by friendly staff. Exciting dance moves and lots of laughter. Helio is very experienced and showed us step by step and also how not to do the steps - hilarious. After an hour's lesson, taxi ride to Rio Scenarium was included - what an amazing place. 3 levels of music and people, plenty of caiprinhas, bag check and locals to dance with. Helio never left our side and we all practiced our dance moves. I felt very safe in Helio's wonderful, friendly company and can thoroughly recommend him. Definitely value for money, home at 4.30am as time just doesn't matter in this place. Don't leave Rio without trying this!

3  Thank DeborahB10626
RioSambaDancer, Proprietário at Rio Samba Dancer, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2015

Dear Deborah

I'm glad to read that you had great experience with Rio Samba Dancer. Arrive safe at home ;)

Reviewed 26 July 2014

A cool 1h class which was a lot of fun :-) the samba party afterwards was legendary. Helio is just awesome!!

2  Thank Andy C

Dear,

I'm glad to read that you had great experience with Rio Samba Dancer.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

One of the best dance instructors I have ever encountered. Really nice guy, great teacher and loads of fun. I highly recommend you check him out if you find yourself in Rio.

2  Thank Neoshiva

Dear,

I'm glad to read that you had great experience with Rio Samba Dancer. Dancing samba and forró ;)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

A few friends and I decided - on a whim - to try samba lessons and the experience exceeded all expectations. Helio was not only a fantastic instructor, but also pretty hilarious. He had us constantly cracking up in class and I was actually sad when class was over. Not that the nightclub experience at Rio Scenarium wasn't great. We bypassed the line. The caiprinhas were flowing. A live band played samba classics. It was packed with interesting people from all over the world. And Helio helped us practice our new moves. Highly recommend!
Oh and his studio is located right in Copacabana, which was very convenient. We also received a little swag -- a CD full of samba music. :)

1  Thank Drunken_Elk
RioSambaDancer, Proprietário at Rio Samba Dancer, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for participating in our "Samba Class + Samba Night Tour". Thank you for submitting your comment. I'm very glad you enjoyed our service, we try to do our best for you all to enjoy.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I've been in Rio for almost a month and I still haven't done samba! But I thought it would be weird if I did it by myself so I decided to take this class with the samba tour afterwards. SO MUCH FUN! It of course was a bit awkward at first (at least when you're by yourself) but Helio is super outgoing and friendly; my group was great. Rio Scenarium is definitely a touristic place but one worth going to in Rio (be sure to take pictures! It's also an antique shop so the decorum is fabulous)

The dance steps you learn are definitely simple basic ones that you can use; although don't be intimidated when you don't see the rest of the people dancing the same way. People don't care and it's all about having fun and enjoying yourself.
Now I don't feel as awkward or stupid going to these places by myself because it was such a blast
Definitely recommend this class with tour. Also be sure to take of video of Helio's dance moves at the club!

1  Thank Lor R