“Great staff and location”

Bossa in Rio Hostel
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

We had a great time for the week we stayed at Bossa. The staff were really helpful and the private room we had was really nice. We sometimes found it hard to get taxi's take us back to the area, but they were doing roadworks at the time. Otherwise location was closeto a fair amount of restaurants and bars.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Beautiful place to spend a few days. The place is very clean and well treated by the staff. The shuttle from the hostel to the main tourist attractions is very good.

Common areas and kitchen are very good as well and ordered large rooms, good breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We have stayed in pousada Bossa Hostel early weeks ago and loved this place:
- the rooms are lovely, clean and very nicely decorated
- the all staff were so welcoming, nice and helpful
- the breakfast prepared was amazing
- the location was very good
Also you can leave anything in your bag in the room, nobody will touch it ;
You can also leave your bag if you go away for some days and don’t want to take all your luggage. Excellent Rio experience!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 December 2013

A switchback path and plenty of stairs are inevitable when staying in a hilly location but it was good to be back in Santa Teresa.
I was in a clean 4-bed dorm (with clean showers and toilets next door) after being picked up from the airport as arranged.
The morning revealed the colourful and floral hostel and its surroundings.
Breakfast was basic but plentiful, and enjoyably taken on the patio sheltered from the warm rain and overlooking the tropical garden foliage.
Excellent information and maps were provided by both the hostel reception and the tourist information booth by the Lapa aqueduct a few minutes walk downhill.
Wandering around the neighborhood with its huge, colourful murals (especially the ones showing how much the locals miss their streetcar) was a particular delight.
I could only stay one night but would happily have stayed longer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

This is the second hostel I've stayed at in Rio. It is so far the nicest. The building and rooms are great! It had plenty of room for all guests and enough bathrooms and showers. The hostel is located in the hills of Santa Teresa. Santa Teresa is a lovely area during the day. I was a little concerned walking around at night as it borders Lapa, which can be a little dodgy at night for tourists. It isn't near a beach, so if you are after that, look else where. But what it does have is the charm of old Rio, amazing views and the night life of busy Lapa. Lapa has all the samba night life you could possibly want, with locals. The hostel next door is quite lively and they have a lot of parties. The staff are extremely helpful here and the cleaning staff also do a great job to maintain the place.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel.
Santa Teresa is a beautiful neighborhood and you easy can reach Lapa in like 5 minutes walking time.
The hostel itself is really clean and nice ! I loved the breakfast and enjoyed sitting outside on the porch. I also met people there easily.
Just be aware that you have to walk up a hill to get there but this should not stop you from it.
When I come back to Rio I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rachel S
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My first time to Rio. I will not remember it by the beautiful beaches, fantastic views, tasty food or the hot women. I will remember it by the people I met in Bossa Hostel.

Getting to the hotel on foot was tiresome but a nice work out. Once you get there the Hotel stands out from all the other buildings.It has a little garden with an amazing view. As me and my friends walked from the airport it was literally like a light at the end of the tunnel. So I suggest you get a cab.

The staff are very friendly and polite. We arrived there early in the morning and they offered free breakfast and a place to leave our luggage, which was amazing. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable with advice concerning the city. Every time i had a question they would approached me with a smile.

The hotel itself is very clean and rooms are above standard. Inside the rooms you have lockers (you need your own lock), a shower and the typical hostel atmosphere. Toilets are outside the rooms, which i thought was good. There are two computers available for use and a television in the lounge area. There is also a pool table that you can use for free any time. Food is good and at you can buy drinks at decent prices.

The best thing about the staff is they become your friends. You find yourself making friends with guests as well. I met a lot of amazing people in my short stay. You can relax and freely talk to everyone they would be more than happy to engage in a conversation. People you met 10 minutes ago would come along to see the city or have lunch with you. I made some friends for life and was very happy to be there.

On our last day we had very little sleep and we had to leave at 11:00 even though our flight was at 17:00. We decided to stay for a bit in the lounge area. The staff offered us beds for free as we were very tired, which I thought was the cherry on top. I definitely recommend staying at Bossa.
I hope you have a pleasant stay at Rio.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends