“Excellent hotel, staff, restaurant, room & location”

Miramar Hotel by Windsor
Ranked #2 of 283 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great hotel property located right across from Copacabana Beach. While checking in, I was greeted with a nice glass of champagne. The hotel employees are very nice, helpful and professional. My room was surprisingly spacious, stunningly beautiful with a partial view of the beach. I had breakfast and lunch in the hotel - both were excellent. The breakfast buffet is quite comprehensive, including a omelete buffet. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: I had a superior room which was excellent
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank LA-CATraveller
William R, Gerente geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Mr LA-CA Traveller,

Thank you very much for your comments. We really appreciate when you say that will recommend us to others travellers. Day by day we talk to all our staff trying to develop new ways to overcoming guest's will.
Once more thanks for your comments, they really help us to be better in the next day.

There are newer reviews for Miramar Hotel by Windsor

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I can't say enough good things about my experience at the Miramar.

Most striking, the staff is excellent, at every level and position-- there is some seriously good training going on here. A reservations glitch was treated by the front desk man as "no problem at all, we will sort it out." (how many times have you met a front desk clerk who makes everything seem like a big insurmountable problem, and dissects "whose fault was it"?? not here. .. .). The doormen arranged several private car trips for me, some of them complicated, but they were on the ball-- (with perfect English, I'd add). I'm not big on breakfast, but this was a big included breakfast-- and it all looked great.

The location, directly across from Posto 5, seemed ideal to me. Close to convenience stores, but away from the hordes and tour buses. It was a 15 minute walk to the heart of Ipanema, or the heart of Copacabana, but the beach opposite the hotel was lovely and much more tranquil. The hotel faces a side street, which gives the whole entry a feeling of calm and security away from the boulevard.

My room faced the ocean directly, on the 11th floor, and the soundproofing entirely closed out street and beach noise. The bathroom was modern, tasteful, very large, and fully equipped (whirlpool and bidet too).

I'm sure it depends on the circumstances, but my early checkin at 10 a.m. was "no problem," and even a courtesy late check-out at 5 p.m. was "no problem."

I pondered booking at Copa's grande dame hotel (won't name names), but in the end decided on Miramar for less than half the price. I KNOW my room was nicer (I've seen "the other" hotel's rooms), and the service was more personal. Wow. . . nice job Miramar. And thanks to all the staff for making my stay great.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Ernest S

Dear Mr Gtoernie,

We were really satisfied when we read your comments. Everyday, me and my staff talk about the "Guest comments" that we received from Trip Advisor and directly from our guests during their stay in our hotel. Maybe you don't know but It really help us to make our services better. Everyweek we decided to make something new. Could be a new turn down service, beach service, a new product.... Most of the ideas como from our staff or from our guests, that's why your comments is so important to us.
Thanks again! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed at The Miramar for 7 nights and we truly enjoyed our 14th floor Sea View room. We were impressed by the level of decoration and attention to details within the hotel, which you could clearly see had been fully refurbished recently. Services were top notch too. Breakfast is of outstanding quality and there is lots of different choice offered overall. Pool on the roof top floor is nice, if a little small, with great views over Copacabana beach and Rio. We also use "recommended tours" from the hotel which were not of the overall quality we expected and so made relevant comments to the General Manager who was very professional in sorting out our complaint.
Overall a great new luxury hotel with 5* services which can only get better as the team gets more experienced.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank olivier_desales
William R, Gerente geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Mr and Mrs Desales,

We really appreciate to have you as our guests. Be sure that the informations you told us during the time you were in our hotel help us to develop our concierge service. We are taking care with old and new services that the city has before we could offer them to our guests.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel looks great, nice and modern, good value for money, good friendly staff and a great location. Unfortunately I was let down by their surprise no guests policy, so don't book here if you're hoping to have visitors. A pity because otherwise this would have been one of the best hotels I've stayed in in brazil.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Philyellen
William R, Gerente geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Mr Philyellen,

Thanks for your comments. Unfortunently we need to have a special control for "visitors". We are in a big city and we do it for our safety. But it is not something that we can not change sometimes. I really don´t know what happenned in your case, but be sure that we always try to make the best for our guests.
Sorry If we failled with you. I hope to see you one more time.
Thanks again. Your comments always help us.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We had an amazing trip, made better by the outstanding service that we received on our stay at the Miramar Hotel. Customer service was excellent, friendly and helpful staff in every area of the hotel, nothing seemed too much trouble when asked for advice or help. The location was perfect with a view to die for at the roof top swimming pool, with views along the beach of Copacabana and Sugar Loaf mountain. Buffet breakfast was excellent, something for every taste, we never had a problem being seated, whatever time we ate. Rooms were pleasant and very clean, we had an Ocean front room which was perfect. The only negative that we experienced was that of noisy guests staying in the room above ours, but this can hardly be the fault of the Hotel. We used the local buses, these are very cheap and quite an experience!!!! Would return tomorrow if we could.

Room Tip: Try for a high floor with Ocean views
1  Thank Casal5560
William R, Gerente at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Mr and Mrs

You can´t imagine how we feel happy when we read comments like yours. We work hard to make our guests feel like they were in their homes. Our staff try to do the best to help guests giving information, advicing them about a tour, Football games and answering other questions.
Thank you very much for your comments!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise not so much for the quality of the accomodation, which was of the expected standard for its 4 star rating, but for the quality of the customer service. Staff were polite and helpful at all times.
We arrived in Rio on a very early flight and got to the hotel at 7 am expecting to drop our luggage off. We were given a room almost immediately and allowed a late (2pm) check out on the day we left.
The hotel's ocean front location is a bonus as is the rooftop swimming pool with stunning views over Copacabana beach. We watched the sunset over drinks up there.
The buffet breakfast was good. I'd definitely recommend this hotel and would happily return there.

2  Thank Danexa

Mrs Danexa,

It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest. Always when its possible we use to give early check in or late check out for our guests. Why do our guests have to wait If we have rooms available? Of course we can not do it all the time, but If we can... . Thanls a lot for your comments, they help us in many ways.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

The Miramar is a pleasant surprise, brand new, great location, newly remodeled, but...they only forgot to have enough hot water for all rooms.
I stayed in a luxury room the 8/17-18 weekend and couldn't have a hot shower on Saturday. What annoyed me most was that I didn't even get a "we're sorry" after a few complaints.

2  Thank luciano p
William R, Gerente at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Mr Luciano P,

I read your comments here in the Trip Advisor and also in our "Guest Comments" that you sent to us and I really answered you since last monday. The trouble with the hot water happened in one of our equipaments. Not the whole building had this situation, It happened in the lowest floors. The problem was not "enought water", but in the way we distribute inside the building. We had already fixed it. We do have about 18.000 l of hotwater. But the major problem was not that. The biggest problem was the way you said our staff take care with this situation. I had already talk to them about what happened with you. And I would like to say "sorry" for this inconvenience and I'm sure that if you give us a chance to repair this situation staying once more with us you will be happy with our services.
Anyway, Thanks for your comments. They always help to develop our services.