“Love love love”

Miramar Hotel by Windsor
Ranked #1 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Best hotel, best service! I loved it here. 1. They welcome you with champagne at whatever hour you may arrive. 2. The staff is wonderful, plentiful and always had a smile on their faces. 3. The pool is gorgeous, slightly small, but we were able to get chairs at whatever times we went. 4. Room is comfortable and quiet( minus occasionally hearing the chairs moving from the room overhead). 5. Good location in copa close to ipanema beach and easy to walk to arpoador to watch the sunsets. 6. The buffet breakfast is wonderful, and includes champagne. Frest fruit and an egg station....was great! Our friends told us to stay in ipanema or Lebanon because its nicer , which I agree with,it is nicer, but I would stay here again in a heartbeat if I was going back to rio soon. The hotel has been recently remodeled and is clean and aesthetically pleasing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
William R, Gerente geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Mrs Mindy G,

In the last day of this year it's very rewarding when we read comments like yours about our hotel and services. Since we reopenned our hotel (last may) our ideal is "make our guests pleasant with our services" and your kindly words say that we are in the right direction. Thanks again!
HAVE A NICE NEW YEAR!
William F. Rodrigues

Write a ReviewReviews (2,582)

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We travelled to Rio in December and stayed at the Miramar Hotel by Windsor, It was the greatest choice we could have ever made! Not only the staff was magnificent and very polite, but the accomodation, location, breakfast and the hotel's amenities were flawless, just fantastic!

The hotel is very well located, just across the beach and within a few minutes -by foot- from the city center, as well as from a wide range of stores and cafes.

The breakfast and the gastronomic experience were, as well, amazing, sometimes not even having stepped out of the hotel, searching for a place to eat.

Overall, the hotel and staff were really fantastic.We felt like royalty! I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Rio and we will definitely come back and stay at the Miramar the next time we are around.

Keep up the good work!

Dear Mrs Juliet,

First of all ... Thank you..Thank you..and Thank you for your kindly words about our hotel. My Staff and I are very pride of our jobs. We always feel happy when we see that our guests are happy too. Have a NICE NEW YEAR! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

This hotel is just fabulous! I spent a lot of time researching a luxurious, clean, modern hotel in a great location. Miramar was exactly that!
I can't say enough good things about the staff at this hotel! They are at or above the standards of the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons chains. I was more impressed every day.
Rooms: Small, but adequate. Comfortable king size bed, large tv, desk area. Nice bathroom with large shower.
Rooftop: This may be one of the best views in Rio. Medium size infinity pool with gorgeous views of Copacabana. Good drinks and food. Great place to watch the sunset.
Location: This location is perfect. I wanted to stay close to Ipanema and this hotel is right near the corner where Copacabana and Ipanema meet. Easy walk either along Copa or over to Ipanema.
Breakfast buffet was absolutely amazing! Not to be missed.
Location is perfect, staff is some of the best I have experienced. Best place to stay in Rio.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
William R, Gerente geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Mr DMD 10,

Thank you very much for your nice words about our hotel and my staff. They really make me very pride to be the manager of this hotel. My staff and I really like to do our job. We love to work with people. and to make you and all of our guests pleased is one of our ideals.
We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 25 December 2013

I spent some days there recently at the beginning of the Rio spring, although I am not sure a clear division en seasons is valid there. By the way the hotel was almost perfect. The location just in front of the Copacabana beach ; close to other hotels where in my case I had some professional meetings. The quarter is calm in the front-sea as well as in the back where is possible to find many shops and restaurants. The staff was great I was welcomed with a cup of champagne and everything from the arrival to my departure was almost perfect. I had a flight to visit another south-american country and the hotel accepted to give me a great breakfast opening the restaurant only for me. It was so kind of the staff. I will always appreciate this.
My room was large as well as my bed, everything clean and modern. I spent some time in the outdoor pool and the view of Copacabana, Pao d'azucar and other areas was amazing. The bar service there was very good. But for me most important was the high-quality and friendly staff.
I regret I could not attend a football game in the Maracana stadium they proposed me !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
William R, Gerente at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Mr Mario O,

Although we had already spent the Christmas Day we continue receiving gifts from our guests. Your wonderful words about our hotel & services is great gift to us. Thanks to be our guest, Thanks for your comments, and we are waiting for you in a next future.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I decided to book at the Miramar due to the reviews I read on TripAdvisor, and once again, I was not disappointed. From walking into the door to waving goodby to the desk staff, the visit was PERFECTION. I was shocked to realize that we ate every meal in the hotel, the restaurant was THAT good. The breakfasts are heavenly (included in the room rate). Do not miss the rooftop infinity pool and bar. What an amazing way to spend an afternoon!

The most memorable part of the visit, aside from the astounding location on the Copacabana Beach, was the staff. Every person we encountered was friendly and most willing to help in ANY way they could! David at the front desk and Eldinado in the restaurant are just two of the staff who were quite wonderful. Need a car? No problem, a private car and driver appear in 10 minutes. Suggestions as to how to see the city, the front desk is the place to go. Truly, they made our stay in their vibrant, exciting city, a joy. Yet the Miramar also managed to impart a feeling of calm and safety amidst the bustle.

Most all staff have a functional mastery of English. The desk personnel are fluent. The menus and all printed material have an English translation, which was much appreciated.

In every review, I try to add some negative comments as well, in order to be as fair as I can. It took me a long time to come up with any for the Miramar.....finally, I remembered that in the middle of the night one night a guest in a room somewhere adjacent to ours began to move the furniture around (??!) and it was audible on the wooden floor. Other than that, we experienced dead silence, even though our room overlooked the bustling Avenida Atlantica and the beach.

Which reminds me, the rooms are chic, modern, and spotless.

If I return to Rio, I wouldn't even consider another hotel.

By the way, I believe the best staff in the Eastern Hemisphere are at the Taj Hotel, Bangalore. :)

Room Tip: We stayed in 1101. What a view!!! ANY question will be eagerly answered by the front desk staff. The...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
William R, Gerente geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Mr Karph,
What can I say? Just say "Thank You"!", Is It enough? I'm sure that it is not. Your kindly words about our hotel made us very pride of our job. When one of our guests say that he is very happy with us it means that we are achieving our ideal. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We spent three nights at this hotel mid-December and it measured up across the board on service, accommodation, amenities and food and beverage. I would give this property a 9/10 with particular emphasis on the service. We arrived around 10 am after getting off a cruise ship, and expected the usual hassle of having to wait for a 3 pm check in. Instead we were greeted with a chilled glass of champagne and our keys - the room was ready at no additional charge. Fabulous. The Front Desk proved to be golden in terms of the concierge services - always friendly and very glad to help. They secured bicycles for us, gave us directions and recommendations on local restaurants, and even helped us locate a duplicate bridge club in Copacabana.

The Bellmen were excellent, again on prompt service always with a smile. The infinity pool and food and beverage operation up on the roof became our haven in the heat, overlooking glorious Copacabana Beach (the Miramar is perfectly located for access to both Copacabana and Ipanema beaches). And the buffet breakfast included in the room price was FABULOUS - full out, anything you could want including more champagne!

The room was comfortable - obviously recently refurbished and everything in it worked!!! Although the battery in the TV remote control gave out - that's the worse thing I have to say - and a technician was upstairs fixing it within a 5 minute turnaround time!!! Amazing.

Lobby was beautifully decorated for the Season - really it a was terrific stay, I would highly recommend this hotel - great value for a 4+star establishment.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
William R, Gerente geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Mrs Clairen,

It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest. Our staff also would like to say "Thank you for your kindly words" about our hotel and services. We really love what we do. We feel very happy when we see that our guests are happy too.
Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Great staff, super friendly and helpful! And a really comfortable, contemporary hotel right on copacabana beach! Area for improvement - chamber staff can be quieter in the mornings. Seemed impossible to sleep in after 8am with the sounds of furniture being dragged around in nearby rooms and vacuum cleaners. A small thing given everything else that was excellent!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
William R, Gerente geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Mr Rod W,

FIrst of all "thank you very much for your comments". They really help us to identify our failures and make better services. I had already talked with Housekeeping Manager in order to avoid such noises in the morning.
Once more thanks to be our guest. We hope to see you again.