“Muito bom + barato”

Carioca Languages Portuguese Classes for Foreigners
More attraction details
Owner description: Carioca is the Portuguese school for you!!!Carioca Languages is a school specialized in teaching Portuguese to foreigners.Our classes are dynamic, efficient and didactic. We believe that culture is also an important and fun aspect of language. We are well-versed in Brazilian traditions, as well as up-to-date with the latest Carioca trends and activities! We seek, therefore, not only to teach our students to speak the language, but also to insert them into the rich cultural life our Cidade Maravilhosa!We offer group lessons of 3-7 students, individuals or in pairs.We teach complete grammar, conversation, Portuguese for business, preparing for job interviews, presentations and lectures in Portuguese, Portuguese formal writing, preparation for the Celpe-Bras and for students who will do the Vestibular.Our teachers are qualified, graduates in Portuguese language and experienced in theaching to non-native.We work with all ages, levels and nationalities.We have our own teaching material, with handouts, audios and videos.Our students are supported to make their best according with their goals.
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Really good class. The teacher was really nice and really good.
There is a book which is really well made.
Good experience.
The price is really cheap.

4  Thank MorganeRJ
There are newer reviews for Carioca Languages Portuguese Classes for Foreigners

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I was in Rio for 3 weeks and during my second week I googled "portuguese course in Rio", after sending a few emails to different schools, the Carioca Languages staff replied right away offering me the "Curso para hispano falante" (course for spanish speakers) which turned out to be perfect for me, fast paced and with a great teacher (Pedro!). I can't wait to go back to Rio and complete the other levels :) Thanks!

5  Thank evyboo
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Viviane is an excellent portugues teacher. She manages her own school in a very serious way, coordinating other professors, activities, programs. Her lessons are always dinamic, the atmosphere in the school is very unformal. I highly recomend this school in Rio, if you really want to learn portugues and a little bit of Rio outside the common standards.

2  Thank tatamix
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I had two different teachers in Level 1 and Level 2 and I am very content with the progress I made with the intensive courses. Both teachers were ambitious and motivated, could explain the portuguese language extremly well and noticeably enjoyed to teach the Brazilian language and culture. After the course they remained as friends and we stayed in contact.
With the small groups and the good mixture of grammar, vocabulary, conversation & media I made better progress than ever imagined in just two months of learning.

3  Thank tim357
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Carioca Languages had a very bad impact on my trip to Rio. I felt like I was trapped everyday at 9am and couldn't leave Sona Zul because it was 5 days a week for 4 weeks. Worst yet: we didn't cover much material during the 4 weeks because the owner of the school wouldn't allow our class to progress at the pace we were at. She wanted us to only cover the small material in the book so we would have to pay her more for the next level. I would have asked for my money back after two weeks but I was too scared of the owner yelling at me. It was felt by all the students that she was very kind on only two days: first and last day of classes.

The unit books (black and white photo copies) were poorly translated and confusing.

If youre desperate, I would recommend their professors for private lessons but NOT for the intensive courses. But you can probably find cheaper lessons as well. Good luck/ sorte!!

6  Thank R G