After being in Manaus for 6 days we decided to fly to Rio for the weekend before our flight back to the states. The reviews about this hotel have been mixed so what I did was send an email directly to the manager (based on his responses here on trip advisor) and requested a renovated room and mentioned my concerns re: cleanliness and towel issues. :)
Immediately I received a response that my requests were noted and they were looking forward to my stay. I remembered the tip here on trip advisor to go to the 2nd floor reception which is a great tip because the person at the first floor desk rarely speaks English. Check-in was a breeze, I forgot the name of the person who checked us in but his name was Vxxxxx anyway, he patiently answered all my questions re: tours I wanted to take and suggested days/tours based on the short time I would be there taking into consideration it was world cup and Brazil was playing all weekend. His suggested days and tour company was "on point" and my daughter and I had a great time.
Anna was also very helpful at the check-in desk and she spoke excellent English so whenever I had a question i.e. how to take the Metro and which stops I needed, restaurants, etc., she was very helpful. I liked her. I also liked the tall gentleman who worked in the aft/evenings. He was also very helpful and he also spoke good English.
The second day - as was told by another traveler, when the cleaning folks left they only left one towel but once I called the front desk they immediately sent over 3 towels. LOL. We never had a towel problem before.
Staying at this hotel in the renovated section was interesting. We were on the 3rd floor and upon arrival I swept open the drapes only to find myself looking straight into the kitchen/rooms/etc. of folks living in an apartment building. After I got over my initial shock (you can't leave your drapes open if you want privacy) it was quite fun to walk out to the balcony and folks bid you bon jeer (sp) Good Morning and wave. :)
The pool area was clean, as a matter of fact the entire hotel was clean and well maintained.
It is located right around the corner from bakeries, grocery stores, 5 min walk to the Metro - which is 1 stop to Copa Cabana beach, and pubs.
Everyone was friendly, we felt safe and I would definitely stay there again.
The wifi connection was strong and consistent. My daughter was able to always stream Netflix on her ipad with no problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel at home with true comfort and hospitality in a great location. You will be welcome at the Quality Suites Botafogo The Quality Suites Botafogo hotel, between Rua Sao Clemente and Rua Voluntarios da Patria, is located in an area with many major national and international businesses, clinics and an important gastronomic hub. The hotel lies under the arms of Christ the Redeemer, within easy reach of the city center and metro. It is close to the Rio Sul and Botafogo Praia shopping centers and Unibanco cinema space. A few minutes from Copacabana beach, the Botanical Gardens, Lagoa and Santos Dumont Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Suites Botafogo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Apartments Rio De Janeiro Botafogo Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Quality Suites Botafogo Rio De Janeiro, Brazil