I went to Rio to spend a weekend after a week working nearby.
The room that I was given was a single bedded one, when the photo in booking.com was showing a king size bed.
I asked to change, the staff was not very helpful, but at last they changed me to a room with 2 bed and gather them together to look like a king size bed!! Well ok...
After that I was getting ready for dinner, when I remembered that my wallet, money and watch was in the safe in the other room. I asked immediately to get back my belongings.
It took some time to the security manager get them. He gave me a plastic sealed bag, to my amaze there was only my wallet, my money and watch had been gone, my wallet was a mess they took out everything and put it back together in wrong places, that according to the hotel's director in duty (saturday night) was a COMMON PROCEDURE of the hotel!!!!!!! go through guests' wallet!!!!
It took another hour and the security manager came back with my watch!!!!!! but no money! At that time I decided to call the police, the hotel, had a special entrance for them and did not want me to be seen with the police!
I spent a couple hours in the night in police station.
Everything was a nightmare, that was my saturday night!! Don't be fooled by the decoration. Rooms are cosy, staff shady, and I am not talking about cleaners and waiters they were great.
Next day I check out, a staff member desk manager called Laila (or something like it) gave me an
invoice for me to sign I pointed out that the value was not what I received, and she was arrogant and almost screaming "it's just a couple of reals more, do you want that??" and pick up a pink flowered coins purse and through the money on the counter. I said I'm not signing if it's not correct.
What kind of hotel is this??
By the way, besides fireworks at the end of the years, copacana (where the hotel is located)
is full of travesties prostitutes, nothing to see there, besides burglary (I saw a guest complaining in the front desk, when I asked what was it about they said nothing, it's all fine).
Certainly the girl from ipanema doesn't live remotely close to that anymore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The extraordinary JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro hotel offers seamless commuting to the city's best attractions, including Sugarloaf Mountain, Christ the Redeemer and a variety of nightlife, restaurants and golf courses. The world-famous Copacabana beach is just steps away from our doors, and Rio de Janeiro-Galeão International Airport is less than 10 miles away. Outdoor enthusiasts will appreciate our proximity to exciting activities like rock climbing, surfing and sailing. Guest rooms at our JW Marriott feature elegant decor, plush bedding, marble bathrooms and LCD TVs with international cable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Rio De Janeiro
- Marriott Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Marriott
- JW Marriott Hotel Rio De Janeiro Brazil