Stayed for business and a couple of extra days for holiday. This property upholds the high standards you'd expect from the JW Marriott brand. But more than that, the staff are sincere and come across as genuinely committed to every guest's satisfaction. They greet guests with a smile, but they with each other, too.
The Concierge Desk: I was surprised to see that many of the Concierge staff are members of Les Clefs d'Or, assuring the highest calibre of service. They lived up to this standard in making dinner and tour reservations for us throughout our visit.
The desk staff were also top notch. Taking care of minor issues and following through to assure we were satisfied. The lobby bar is very nice and comfortable. Friendly bar keepers who were happy to speak English. Housekeeping was perfect.
>> Suggestions for the traveller:
1) If a beach view is critically important to you (don't LOOK at the beach, BE on the beach), note that the beach facing room windows do not open, so no ocean sounds - besides which the noisy avenue would drown the ocean out. Instead, request an atrium facing "corner" room with a small balcony. These rooms are larger than the ocean-facing rooms, with the added benefit that you can open the sliding door to better circulate the air.
2) If you have access to the concierge / executive lounge on the 9th floor, know that it conforms to the standards for JW's: a) the hot breakfasts, afternoon refreshments and evening hors d'oeuvres are vey good and varied, b) it has a Nespresso machine (woo hoo!!!), and c) in the evening, if you ask, the attendants will prepare a fantastic Caipirinha. Plenty of cold bottled beverages, of course and the view of the beach is great.
3) If your Marriott status affords eligibility for the concierge level, avail yourself of the desk service on the 9th floor for check-in and your special needs. For example, a couple of times we simply asked the attendant on 9 to setup our dinner. She/he contacted the Concierge, or the restaurant itself for us.
4). Check out the rooftop sundeck, exercise room and pool. Very comfortable, if not a bit small. We had lunch up there on our first day, and it was very good. They'll have a small barbecue going right next to the bar.
As a Marriott Lifetime Platinum, I have a well-tuned set of expectations for each brand. As JWs go, this one is among the best managed, most guest-friendly I've visited. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The extraordinary JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro hotel offers seamless commuting to the city's best attractions, including Sugarloaf Mountain, Christ the Redeemer and a variety of nightlife, restaurants and golf courses. The world-famous Copacabana beach is just steps away from our doors, and Rio de Janeiro-Galeão International Airport is less than 10 miles away. Outdoor enthusiasts will appreciate our proximity to exciting activities like rock climbing, surfing and sailing. Guest rooms at our JW Marriott feature elegant decor, plush bedding, marble bathrooms and LCD TVs with international cable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Rio De Janeiro
- Marriott Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Marriott
- JW Marriott Hotel Rio De Janeiro Brazil