I was able to get the JW with a International flight package for what I thought to be a great price given we had connecting flights from Toronto, and we were staying here in the week(s) leading up to Carnivale. The location is superb right across from Copacabana Beach, and they have a "beach concierge" which will set you up with beach chairs and an umbrella which is a major plus in my books! The hotel is modern, clean, and has all the ammenities you need. As for any Brazilian "Cultural Flair"; not much, so if you want a non-americanized experience, this isnt it, but is a great "base camp" to excursion out of. We made use of the rooftop pool with great views of the beach and surrounding areas, as well as a little bar/restaurant for drinks and snacks. Lobby bar is great with excellent staff, great drinks, and a comfortable atmosphere. The check-in process was a breeze, and we opted for a business level upgrade for a nominal fee which was well worth it as it included free wi-fi and access to the executive lounge with complimentry drinks and food; paid for itself in no time! Our room looked into the interior courtyard so-to-speak, but we were never really in it, so I'm, glad I didn't pay a premium for ocean view. The concierge services are impeccable, especially Afonso Silva! They assisted us with directions, tickets, and tips on nightlife and restaurants: make use of their services if you're a first timer! Drinks and food is pricey as expected, so aside from the odd drink at the bar, hop across the street to one of the spots on the beach for great food and cold drinks at more than reasonable prices. I'd definately go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The extraordinary JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro hotel offers seamless commuting to the city's best attractions, including Sugarloaf Mountain, Christ the Redeemer and a variety of nightlife, restaurants and golf courses. The world-famous Copacabana beach is just steps away from our doors, and Rio de Janeiro-Galeão International Airport is less than 10 miles away. Outdoor enthusiasts will appreciate our proximity to exciting activities like rock climbing, surfing and sailing. Guest rooms at our JW Marriott feature elegant decor, plush bedding, marble bathrooms and LCD TVs with international cable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Rio De Janeiro
- Marriott Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Marriott
- JW Marriott Hotel Rio De Janeiro Brazil