Although the hotel is very nice it is overpriced. Unfortunately this is what you pay for staying on Ipanema.
The ocean view room are extremely noisy. It doesn’t matter if you stay on the 2nd or on the last floor. Get earplugs if you decide to stay in one. And the views are not that great. There is a rooftop bar in the hotel from where you can see the bay also if you don’t get the ocean view room.
The rooms are clean and the staff is nice but I would rather look for a cheaper hotel few blocks away from Ipanema for next time. It is really not worth the money.
There are many shops just 2 block away.
The breakfast is very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located facing the ocean, at the most trendy point of Ipanema Beach, the "Station 9", and only one block from the bar Girl from Ipanema, birthplace of Bossa Nova. Perfect for leisure or business trip for its proximity to downtown and the best tourist sights of Rio de Janeiro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sol Ipanema Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Best Western
- Sol Ipanema Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil