Thank you for the great time!
My January birthday trip was awesome and this hotel staff was very helpful. The breakfast is good and with the view, the bed was comfortable, shower rather large. The pool bar tender was very attentive to everyone's needs, the lobby staff was helpful when asked to reserve a tour, exchange money, arrange airport transfer or help with TV or A/C workings in the room. The roof top view is awesome, especially for watching the sunset.
Relative to the rest of the city, this hotel is in the safe part of Rio. On the same block with Bossa Nova club, cafe and CD shop. There is also Zaza restaurant on the other side of the block to which it is rather safe to get by foot.
Towels, beach chairs and ambrellas were also provided by the hotel and were very helpful.
However, finding a bike rental shop mentioned on hotel web site was a bit hard and they require a real passport to rent bikes.
This is a small hotel so there are only 2 elevators and we were on the top floor. However, we have waited a bit long only once over our 7-day stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located facing the ocean, at the most trendy point of Ipanema Beach, the "Station 9", and only one block from the bar Girl from Ipanema, birthplace of Bossa Nova. Perfect for leisure or business trip for its proximity to downtown and the best tourist sights of Rio de Janeiro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splitty, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sol Ipanema Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Best Western
- Sol Ipanema Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil