Waiting until 3pm for your room to be ready is such a bummer, but 'hanging out' on the Sofitel pool deck (there are two) is impossible to complain about!
Complimentary soft drink, followed by lunch (had to pay for that..) was a pleasure, an exquisite Caesar salad. They also offer a gourmet buffet, R$95 which really looked fabulous - on the first day the main offering was meat loaf.
3pm soon comes round and you can can finally access your swimwear wardrobe and that all important sunscreen!
This hotel has a slightly old fashioned but fully equipped gym, at least forty machines, plus free weights etc. There is also a jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and various treatments on offer. There are three gym instructors and personal training is available. I had a training session everyday in the downtime between 'too late to be on the beach' and 'too early to go to dinner' - highly recommended.
We had a really nice spacious room, great view, comfy bed, fantastic huge walk in shower, proper shaving mirror, glass desk with loads of accessible plugs for laptop, iPad, iPhone, Camera charger etc. - just lots of features that are always so nice to have.
Breakfast is a feast of cereals, soft fruits, breads, pastries, cheeses and eggs any way you like them (with Champagne if that is your thing). This all takes place in a beautiful setting on the deck overlooking Copacabana Beach and around the pool, there are also tables inside. Breakfast is popular and can be pretty busy!
We enjoyed the food and excellent service in the hotel so much, we ate in on quite a few evenings, which I can recommend.
It was my Birthday during the trip, and the hotel must have picked up this detail from check in because room service turned up with Complementary Champagne and a Cake, which was a very nice touch - just as well I had been using the gym!!
WiFi is available all over the hotel including in the rooms, but we had to keep logging back in, which is a little annoying.
Around 45 rooms are allocated to airline crew, who exude unbelievable confidence and treat the hotel like their personal club, sometimes they seem to take over the breakfast deck, but this a minor detail really.
This is great hotel in a superb location and we will be back - very soon!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location of Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana is a splendid one. It leaves the guest practically leaning over Copacabana beach – one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. It is beside Ipanema, a charming neighborhood full of attractions, immortalized in a song by Tom Jobim and Vinicius de Moraes, “Garota de Ipanema”.Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana is considered one of the most prestigious Brazilian luxury hotels, combining French savoir-faire with Carioca charm.Enjoy our comfortable apartments with balconies and the MyBed bed, the executive floor with Club Millésime services – a new concept in personalized service, beach service, two pools and many other facilities, in addition to the award winning cuisine here at Sofitel.Situated near the main business centers in the city, the hotel offers an ample and versatile Convention Center, and also a modern Board Meeting Room, a fully equipped room with a view of Copacabana beach, uniting comfort and personalized services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Southall Travel, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Rio De Janeiro Copacabana Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Accor Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Sofitel
- Sofitel Rio De Janeiro Copacabana Brazil