- location is convenient in arpoador, inbetween copacabana and 5mn walk to ipanema
- gorgeous views if you are lucky with the assigned room (paying extra for thr sea view is recommended if you dont want to end up with a seedy building front view)
- facilities are decades old and have never been refurbished. For eg, gym areas feel like horror movie, incredibly old with no daylight. All aeras were so old and dodgy i prefered to stay in the room. Level 1 and 2 wher you have common areas are a disgrace for a so called 5 stars.
- air con is insanely noisy plus they are refurbishing the facade so you get waken up on weekdays early morning, which is intolerable when you go there to relax and you have paid more than 300 euros per nigh for that!
- tv is small, old first generation flatscreen, limited chanels, only 1 with english movies ( even the ibis botafogo has newer larger screens)
- food and beverage is pretty poor anh dull.
- management is not doing a great job as staff is unhelpful. Generally service is average.
- cleaning is incredibly poor: linen has not been changed once in a 3 night stay, glasses were left used, cans were left....
- free wifi is poor.
This sofitel is a joke. As one of the most expensive hotel in town, it fails everywhere but on the location. One advice: do not stay there, go somewhere else. As a frequent user of sofitel, being a platinum accor member, i suggest to get the hotel close for major refurbishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location of Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana is a splendid one. It leaves the guest practically leaning over Copacabana beach – one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. It is beside Ipanema, a charming neighborhood full of attractions, immortalized in a song by Tom Jobim and Vinicius de Moraes, “Garota de Ipanema”.Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana is considered one of the most prestigious Brazilian luxury hotels, combining French savoir-faire with Carioca charm.Enjoy our comfortable apartments with balconies and the MyBed bed, the executive floor with Club Millésime services – a new concept in personalized service, beach service, two pools and many other facilities, in addition to the award winning cuisine here at Sofitel.Situated near the main business centers in the city, the hotel offers an ample and versatile Convention Center, and also a modern Board Meeting Room, a fully equipped room with a view of Copacabana beach, uniting comfort and personalized services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, ACCOR, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Rio De Janeiro Copacabana Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Accor Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Sofitel
- Sofitel Rio De Janeiro Copacabana Brazil