“Comfort & luxury away from home”

Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana
Ranked #16 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The Windsor Hotel is luxury hotel located right across the street from Copacabana Beach, and the view from my 24th floor room was spectacular--picture worthy, definitely. Being a stone's throw from one of the world's most beautiful beaches and resting in the lap of comfort was a real treat! By the time I reached here, I had already stayed in four other hotels throughout Brazil, and this the place where I slept the best. The large king-size bed was firm and comfortable; the room was clean, large, tastefully decorated with prints and furniture and outfitted with all the modern accoutrements that five-star hotels come with these days; and the walls were thick enough to keep other's noise away. Simply put, this is a really lovely, classy and modern hotel. The bathroom toiletries were ones worthy of taking home. And this chocolate lover was supremely impressed with the truffles left by my bed at night. The breakfast buffet is varied and delicious, enough diversity to have a different type of breakfast daily if you're there for a week. I am certain that I would stay here on my next trip to Rio.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Prudala
RicardoKawa, General Manager at Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review!
We are very honoured for your preference and happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Windsor Atlantica.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Very clean and nicely appointed rooms with a wonderful location directly across from the beach. Everyone that helped me during my stay was lovely. The Internet was basically unusable it was so slow, which is frustrating trying to be in touch with business back home. The breakfast was incredible with tons of choices. Overall, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Dcurtis83
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel. It was marvelous!
The hotel is very good located, at the end of Copacabana. Great view!
Rooms are in a reasonable size, very well equipped. Very comfortable bad, very clean.
Good service, very good breakfast.

3  Thank Giovanni17
RicardoKawa, General Manager at Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words on Trip Advisor!
We are very pleased to learn that you experienced a marvelous stay with us.
We really hope to welcome you again in a near future.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Compared to the Windsor Barra hotel, I would rate the Windsor Atlantica with one more star. The location of both hotels is very good. For someone who has never been to Rio before, the Windsor Atlantica located right on the Copacabana is probably the better option.

The staff is very friendly at both properties. Communicating in English is not a problem at all. Also communicating with room service or house keeping services in English is not a problem at all.

Definitely better is the breakfast at the Windsor Atlantica. A great buffet option with a perfect view on the Copacabana if you are lucky enough to get a seat by the window. It can get pretty crowded at breakfast though and if the room gets too full then there is an option of opening up an adjacent room. Just ask the staff.

The fitness center is not very big, but has everything one needs to keep in shape. The equipment is almost new. Unfortunately there is a no-see-through foil on the windows, so one can not enjoy the beautiful view of the Copacabana from the 38th floor. Instead the room is relatively dark with no natural light.

One of the highlights is the terrasse on the 39th floor. The view from up there is amazing! One can see the Beach, the Sugar Loaf or the Corcovado and enjoy the sunset from inside the small pool. You can order a snack or coffee and drink at the bar, but unfortunately the tables were dusty and there is no decoration at all. This terrace could be much more inviting than it is.

The rooms are OK. Nothing special but clean. Try to get a room facing the beach. The rooms are relatively small. Unfortunately it is almost impossible to close the door without disturbing the rest of the guests. One can also hear normal conversations taking place in the neighbouring rooms.

Room Tip: The higher the better. Corner rooms are bigger and have the better view. Try to get a room with the...
2  Thank foti340

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our Windsor Hotels during your stay in Rio!
We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our location and service, speacially our staff attitude and breakfast.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I just returned from a great trip to Rio and stayed at the Windsor Atllantica. It is a great location onnthe Copacabana Beach. The service was great and the restaurant one of the best in Rio. The location gives a great opportunity for the Copacabana Beach, shopping and reataurants.

3  Thank TarHeel810
RicardoKawa, General Manager at Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review!
We are very pleased to know that you had a great time with us.
We really appreciate your comments about our Alloro Ristorante!
It will be an honour to welcome you again at our Windsor Atlantica!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Having travelled to Barra, Rio de Janeiro for work last month, I decided to stay an extra night at my own expense in Copacabana so that I could fit in a day of sightseeing. Arriving at 8pm at the Windsor Plaza which I had booked at the recommendation of a colleague, I was informed there were no rooms available. Internal panic ensued. However, the staff there were very helpful and they moved me free of charge to the Windsor Atlantica. Walking through the door into this beautiful, classic lobby, I felt incredibly lucky. When checking in, I was upgraded to the 30th floor with a wonderful view all down Copacabana beach. I could even see the Christ the Redeemer statue from my pillow! The room was immaculately clean and stylishly decorated. The room wasn’t huge, but it was well appointed with two comfortable beds, a table and chairs, spacious cupboard and smart bathroom.

Swimming in the 39th floor rooftop pool was a wonderful way to start the next day. The views were absolutely fantastic, although it was rather windy with being so high up. It woke me up very effectively anyway, and even if you don’t go for a swim, I recommend going up there to take photos of the scenery.

My only meal in the hotel was the breakfast where there was an excellent choice with a range of freshly squeezed juices, pastries, hot dishes, yoghurts and fruit. The waiters were very attentive and kept the coffee topped up. Located on the beachfront side of the hotel, the view of the sea and islands while you eat breakfast is lovely.

The hotel’s location is also excellent. It is right on the beachfront in the heart of Copacabana. There are some great restaurants within walking distance.

I couldn’t leave a review of this hotel without mentioning the staff, who were outstanding. As a woman travelling alone, I had been advised by a number of locals that I shouldn’t get a taxi on my own at night. As I had an overnight flight requiring me to travel to the airport late evening, I was nervous about the journey and had requested to book onto the shuttle from the Windsor Plaza to the airport rather than get a taxi on my own. They didn’t offer this service from the Windsor Atlantica; however, they went above and beyond to make sure I was on that shuttle. By the time I checked in, the shuttle office was shut, so the staff on reception kept me updated with letters through my door and messages on the machine in my room so that I knew exactly what was happening. Every time staff changed on a shift, every person working on reception and the front door was told of the situation and whether anything needed to be arranged. The shuttle was late due to horrendous traffic, so they kept calling the shuttle company to keep me updated on when the bus would arrive. They had told me beforehand that they thought I would have to pay a little as they actually ended up booking me onto a shuttle which didn’t even work with Windsor; however, before I got on the shuttle they gave me a voucher paying for the journey. I was touched and incredibly impressed by the huge efforts they went to to ensure that I was able to travel safely.

My only gripe was that the wifi was frustratingly slow in my room; however, the good aspects of the hotel utterly outweigh that single downside.

I have raved about the Windsor Atlantica to everyone I have told about my trip to Rio. It is a beautiful hotel with excellent staff, and well deserving of its five stars. If and when I go back to Rio, I will be staying there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank miss_r_jones

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for so kind words!
We shared your comments to our staff who are very honoured to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us!
We really hope to have the opportunity to host you again at our Windsor Atlantica.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Use this as our base during our 8/14 to 8/17 short vacation in the Marvelous City, Excellent location and readily accessible. Particularly recommended for beach lovers with Leme and Copacabana beaches just across the street. The included breakfast buffet was superb and service, if you need it, was prompt and satisfactory. Got a minor problem with the room safety deposit box and it took less than than 15 minutes after reporting it to be fix by a man in a suit!

We are help wonderfully by their concierge, Renata, discouraging us to delay our one day tour of Rio because of the weather. We spent half of that day strolling from Leme to Leblon (Copacabana and Ipanema in between) along the beach promenade! A once in a lifetime experience.

Security was strict with only guests allowed beyond the lobby. We welcome this for our own safety.
We will stay again on this hotel whenever we have the opportunity. We got our money's worth.
The only thing that should have made our trip perfect is the free Wi-Fi connection on our floor- 35th. It was slow but the connection on the lobby, we found out when we are in line for our check-out, is good.

And yes, this is the tallest building along the Zona Sul beachfront!
Thank You Windsor Atlantica for a wonderful vacation! Obrigado!

Room Tip: The higher your room is, the better. If you can not get a full view of the ocean, at least request o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Sh1nyT0p

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on TripAdvisor!
We shared your review with our staff, specially with Renata who are very proud to be recognized.
We really hope to welcome you again at our Windsor Atlantica!