The hotel was very clean and pleasant. We had a room on the 19th floor at the side but still had a good view down Copacabana Beach.
The room was a lot smaller than I expected but it was spotless inside and very comfortable.
We were directly opposite the lift (elevator) and didn't experience any noise from that. Though quite often one of the lifts seemed to be out of order and the other continued to go past our floor in both directions so you could have a 10 minute wait to get to the lobby.
Breakfast there was very nice, such a wide selection of food. We didn't eat in the hotel itself for dinner.
The pool on the roof was nice but again we didn't use it. We only looked at the view.
The area itself is good if you like the beach but we struggled to find anywhere local to get a decent meal.
My only complaint are the excursions. We booked two before we arrived with a company but the one we arranged to Petroplois through the hotel was not good. The guides English was not good so you couldn't hear what she was saying and the bus driver was a complete maniac. I am surprised we are still here to tell the tale.
The hotel booked me a car to go to a restaurant at Santa Teresa which cost 55 reals; strangely enough it only cost 40 coming back by using a taxi outside the restaurant. He also go completely lost going there (which apparently is not to uncommon)
The taxi they booked for us to take us to the heliport at the lake also dropped us at the wrong side of the lake so after a lot of searching we managed to get another taxi to take us to the correct place.
I'd probably stay there again as the staff were very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on Copacabana beach in the spectacular city of Rio de Janeiro, PortoBay Rio Internacional offers you the best of two worlds - the sensational city and a breathtaking view over the beach right on the doorstep... Step into Rio Internacional and feel at home - make the most of your stay! Look out over Copacabana beach and revitalise yourself with the sea breeze. The ideal location for an unforgettable holiday or to counter the stress of a day's work in Rio ... 117 apartments/rooms decorated in the best taste... a range of flavours at La Finestra and a roof-top pool with stunning views over Copacabana beach and Corcovado... The hotel PortoBay Rio Internacional offers free Wi-Fi throughout the whole hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Prestigia and Hotels.com so you can book your PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Internacional Hotel
- Hotel Porto Bay Rio Internacional
- PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil