We spent three nights here and can't fault the location, the room, the meals or the reception staff. We had a suite (601) and the verandah was a lovely addition to the large room (with huge bedroom but very small bathroom!). The hotel is right opposite the beach about 50 metres from the famous Copacabana Palace Hotel. There have been recent renovations to the swimming pool area on the 20th floor and it's very pleasant, however, there are very few loungers that are taken all day. But go across to the beach and there are free towels and loungers there at the hotel's beach cabana. The reception we received at check-in was wonderful having had mediocre reception staff elsewhere. We had two dinners at the hotel and the food each time was excellent, far better than street restaurants we tried and worth eating in. The breakfast buffet has to be seen - fantastic array of tropical fruit, juices, patisseries, cold meats etc. really excellent. The bedroom was clean, bed was comfy, huge king bed, decent pillows but no pillow menu, lovely bathroom toiletries (L'Occitane) and mini bar that was well stocked but no glasses! Room service was a little slow but hey, it's South America! I would recommend this hotel if you stay in Copacabana but if I came back to Rio, I'd stay in Ipanema because the restaurants are better and better shops. WIFI was free and worked well. The taxi ride from the airport cost $AU55 (Radio-taxi)and return (Yellow taxi) was $AU25!! We had read reviews that the yellow taxis were rip offs but everyone we caught used the meter and were excellent value and clean. There seems to be a push to clean up the taxis for FIFA and the Olympics!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on Copacabana beach in the spectacular city of Rio de Janeiro, PortoBay Rio Internacional offers you the best of two worlds - the sensational city and a breathtaking view over the beach right on the doorstep... Step into Rio Internacional and feel at home - make the most of your stay! Look out over Copacabana beach and revitalise yourself with the sea breeze. The ideal location for an unforgettable holiday or to counter the stress of a day's work in Rio ... 117 apartments/rooms decorated in the best taste... a range of flavours at La Finestra and a roof-top pool with stunning views over Copacabana beach and Corcovado... The hotel PortoBay Rio Internacional offers free Wi-Fi throughout the whole hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Internacional Hotel
- Hotel Porto Bay Rio Internacional
- Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil