We booked this hotel for it's great location on the Copacabana Beach during Carnival. It is a great location! We had a suite on the 15th floor facing the Ocean. It is a great view. Plus you are basically in the heart of the beach area so everything is close. We were a little disappointed in the suite. There are rugs right when you get out of bed and they were old and dirty. The bathroom had a great shower with the water pressure being very strong. No wash cloths only hand towels and bath towels. You get many TV channels with maybe about 5 being in English. In the morning they have this huge breakfast buffet with windows looking out at the sea and beach. They have hot foods and cold foods. You won't go hungry. Lots of fresh fruit too. The service is very good too in the restaurant. The reception desk in the lobby is fully staffed and they are very accommodating. On the top floor they have their pool. The pool is really small and not deep. It's just for getting wet. No swimming takes place. They do have some great lounge chairs that are very comfortable. There is also a bar up there where you can get a drink. At the bar in the lobby they have half priced drinks from something like 5-8 pm. No one is there even with this special and it looks depressing siting in this area. Unfortunately this isn't a 5 star hotel. Maybe a 4. The beds were comfortable and the air conditioning works great. Also Wi-Fi was free and it worked great. If they worked on some room maintenance issues it would have been right up there. Also be aware they have coffee pods on the desk and a machine to brew them. When I got my final bill we were charged for every pod. At the price we were paying this should have been free. I know the mini-bar costs money but coffee? 99% of the places give you free coffee. Come on??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on Copacabana beach in the spectacular city of Rio de Janeiro, PortoBay Rio Internacional offers you the best of two worlds - the sensational city and a breathtaking view over the beach right on the doorstep... Step into Rio Internacional and feel at home - make the most of your stay! Look out over Copacabana beach and revitalise yourself with the sea breeze. The ideal location for an unforgettable holiday or to counter the stress of a day's work in Rio ... 117 apartments/rooms decorated in the best taste... a range of flavours at La Finestra and a roof-top pool with stunning views over Copacabana beach and Corcovado... The hotel PortoBay Rio Internacional offers free Wi-Fi throughout the whole hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Internacional Hotel
- Hotel Porto Bay Rio Internacional
- PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil