Porto Bay Rio well deserves its high scores on trip advisor. We spent 4 nights in Rio over Easter. The hotel location is excellent for the beach but the weather was not that kind to us for 2 of our 4 days. The hotel staff are first class. The included breakfast has a lot of excellent fruits and well prepared and presented foods both hot and cold. The rooms are business like and clean. The food for room service is good quality and reasonably priced. We ate in the hotel which is unusual for us.
Rio is firstly a city and the feel of the place is not that of a beach resort in the European sense. Do not expect the tourist feel of a beach resort and it is strangly pleasing that Portugese is the norm and English is not as common as in Europe. If you intend to visit the Christ statue there is a really easy option if you stay at the Porto Bay - just 100yds to the left / 1 block as you walk out of the hotel, there is a small park area which sells tickets to the syatue via mini bus. These leave about every half hour and take you up to the statue. it costs about R$ 42 including entrance fee. My tip is to put insect repellant on before you go because you are going up rain forrest roads and I got a massive bite while at the statue.
There is very little going on out and about after about 7pm. People are keeping themselves safe. It was also reassuring to see the hotel staff manning the door to the hotel.
We used the hotel cars to pick us up from the airport. Although it costs a bit more, it was worth it to have someone take charge of getting you to the hotel after a long flight.
We spent some time at the pool area which has some good sun beds, a small pool, a snack bar area and fabulous views. Staff were always friendly and helpful.
our departure for the airport was at 5pm. The hotel staff allowed us to get changed in a room before we left. I think all the staff we interacted with were always helpful and made our stay enjoyable. Good free WiFi in all areas and in our room. There are local shops one street back behind the hotel. We would reccommend this hotel if you are staying in Rio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on Copacabana beach in the spectacular city of Rio de Janeiro, PortoBay Rio Internacional offers you the best of two worlds - the sensational city and a breathtaking view over the beach right on the doorstep... Step into Rio Internacional and feel at home - make the most of your stay! Look out over Copacabana beach and revitalise yourself with the sea breeze. The ideal location for an unforgettable holiday or to counter the stress of a day's work in Rio ... 117 apartments/rooms decorated in the best taste... a range of flavours at La Finestra and a roof-top pool with stunning views over Copacabana beach and Corcovado... The hotel PortoBay Rio Internacional offers free Wi-Fi throughout the whole hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Internacional Hotel
- Hotel Porto Bay Rio Internacional
- PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil