PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel
Ibis Rio de Janeiro Parque Olimpico(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$33
  • Restaurant
Ibis Copacabana Posto 2(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$66
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)
US$252
US$143
Hotels.com
US$309
US$255
  • Beachfront
Hotel Mar Palace Copacabana(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$67
US$42
US$41
  • Pool
Mar Ipanema Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$109
  • Breakfast included
Atlantis Copacabana(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$55
  • Breakfast included
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$130
Travelocity
  • Pool
Midas Rio Suites(Rio de Janeiro)
US$48
US$47
2,532 results
All reviewsporto bay hotelrooftop poolcopacabana beachchrist the redeemersparkling winetop flooroverlooking the beachexcellent hotelpanoramic viewcorner roomsugarloaf mountainwelcome drinksugar loafour honeymoonbreakfast roomstayed here for nightsbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We recently stayed at the Porto Bay Hotel for 4 nights at the start of our honeymoon before travelling on to other destinations within Brazil. Our room was lovely very clean and comfortable with a good size bed. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful, and the food was very good although we only ate breakfast there. As for location it is right opposite Copacabana Beach just down from the famous Copacabana Palace hotel. Although the location is great the only downside is the lack of good bars and restaurants to go to in the evening. We did eat at the Marius Restaurant which is at the far end of Copacabana beach, it is a great Seafood or Steak house, but it is REALLY Expensive. Its an all you can eat place, where they constantly bring round plates of different fish at a set price, except we didn't know what the price was till we got the bill, which was a shock! For 2 adults and 1 bottle of wine it came to over £200!! Which is the most expensive meal we have ever had out! Most nights we would catch a taxi to take us to Ipanema where there are more bars and restaurants. A good place to eat is Bazzar, great food and very reasonable prices! We had a great start to our honeymoon but if we returned we stay in Ipanema just because there are more places to eat and drink.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2010

Wonderful pool on the roof with friendly staff throughout the hotel

Great breakfast selection

Hotel is located beside the Copacabana Palace and is a short walking distance to the Cardeal Arcoverde Metro station providing a quick subway ride to Sugarloaf mountain & Christ the Redeemer

Get a subway map online at www.metrorio.com.br

Also many buses run along Copacabana beach and you can flag these down even between stop signs

Rio's beauty is breathtaking from the rooftop pool!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2010

My husband & I have travelled to a number of places all over the world. We would rate this Porto Bay in Rio de Janeiro among the top 10, starting with the efficiency & friendliness of the guest relations (Francesca), the reception supervisor (Aline) & her whole team. The whole staff is very well trained. We love it & return as often as we can.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2010

I spent 2 nights at Porto Bay Rio Internacional with my family.
The staff are always with a friendly smile, the rooms have an amazing view, the pool is wonderfull, the breakfast is one of the best in the world and Francesca and Cid are extremely kind.
Thank you for an amazing stay, we loved it.

BSambado

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2010

The Rio Internacional was my home for 4 months for work, and I absolutely loved the place! It is right on the main strip on Copacabana, just steps from the amazing beach and fun bars and restaurants. The hotel itself has an amazing view from every room because they all face the outside corner to the beach. The pool on the top floor is a great place to relax and take pictures of the beach or the Christ statue.

Breakfast was always extremely fresh and healthy, and you could always count on the restaurant being a great meal for lunch and dinner. My favorite for lunch was the club sandwich and a salad, and for dinner I loved the Chicken Parmesan or the chicken and pasta in the red wine sauce. Once a week, they'd have their traditional dinner buffet, which was excellent every time!

The rooms were always extremely clean, from the balcony to the bathroom and everything between. The maids were always extremely nice and helpful. I ended up leaving money and my laptop on the nightstand because I knew they wouldn't take anything. Despite the other review on here, the AC was controllable along with a radio with speakers in the ceilings. The showers were great because they had a lot of water pressure, not something you get at many other hotels.

Everything I've mentioned has of course been memorable since it's been a year since I stayed there, but the thing that really stood out was the service. I've never felt so welcomed each and every time I walked in the front door. The front desk personnel were always smiling and would love to pour you a glass of champagne if you've had a rough day. They were always extremely helpful, knew exactly what to do if you needed help with anything, could all speak near perfect English, and were always polite. The guy from California that wrote a negative review about the service is completely out of his mind, these people made me feel at home for the time I spent there. Even the waiters and waitresses, the managers, the bartenders, and the maid service made my stay wonderful! I recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to have a great experience in Rio. I would love to go back for vacation.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business