“Very good choice in Ipanema”

Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel
Ranked #38 of 281 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
New York City, New York
“Very good choice in Ipanema”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I was choosing between the Caesar Park Hotel (Ipanema), Copacobana Palace (Copacobana), and the Fasano (Ipanema) for my three day stay in Rio at the end of a business trip in other parts of Brazil. I ended up choosing the Caesar Park and am overall very happy with my choice. There are a few things I would like to say about my choices - first, I am very happy I ended up not staying on Copacobana Beach - Ipanema is a much better place to stay - Ipanema and the surrounding Leblon area are much classier than the more touristy and seedier Copacobana Beach area. While Ipanema is a lengthy beach, the area is overall more intimate (if that makes sense).

Having said this, I did visit the Copacobana Palace Hotel for a drink at the area around their pool - from what I saw, the interior of the hotel and the pool area are pretty amazing, and is better than the Caesar Park. It is a very classy place and would love to have stayed there ... if it was on Ipanema.

The Fasano hotels are among my favorite in the world - I try to stay at the Fasano in Sao Paulo whenever I am in town - I love the understated styling of the place and the service is second to none. Unfortunately for me the Fasano in Rio was booked out. I have heard, however, that the rooms are very small. It is also very expensive.

Turning to the Caesar Park Hotel where I ended up staying - very good hotel and very nice rooms. Some of the finishings are a little rough around the edges, but overall my room was very well put together and was just what I needed. I would also add that the Caesar Park lobby retaurant / bar made much better Caipirhina's than the Copacobana Palace caipirhina's. The overall service was very good. There is a small pool on the top floor where they serve morning breakfast - the pool area is not as good as that at the Copacobana Palace. I have also seen some comment about wireless internet not being free - it may be the package I got, but it was free for me. Breakfast was also included in my rate, and was very good with the outlook over the beach from the top floor.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank jas17gr
Managing_Director_RJ, General Manager at Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for having chosen Caesar Park Ipanema and also for sending your comments to us at the end of your stay.

It is with pleasure that we receive your remarks and acknowledge that our hotel and Ipanema area were up to your desires and expectations.

We hope to welcome you in your next visit to Rio de Janeiro!

Caesar Park Ipanema

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Turkish first
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 10 November 2012

For location, views, safety, retail, food and fun the jotel is ideal. Breakfast - superb in variety, freshness and location, though coffee service could be improved. My room on the 16th floor was fine, with a very comfy bed and lots ofmroom. For the price and billing quite a few things need significant improvement: the bathroom is awkward and the bathtub/ shower set up could be fresher and safer. Internet stability and speed varied greatly, though I experienced it in several Brazilian locations, so it may not be outrightly the hotel's fault. In a hotel of this class I expected a coffee machine in the room. No clock to be found with the correct local time. TV satellite stations exist galore, but only CNN and in the evening 1 or 2 channels with movies.

It is lovely to sit on the top floor with a view of the beach, etc, but the pool is strictly for dipping, which for me was a great disappointment. Room service-prompt and delicious. Service staff warm, friendly but not necessarily efficient. It took a good 10 minutes to check in in the middle of the night and 15 to check out with nobody else around!

Conclusion- I would certainly return and recommend the hotel to others, but the hotel just needs some improvements and it would be great!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Laimdota
Managing_Director_RJ, General Manager at Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro.

I am sorry that some of your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Caesar Park, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

NYC metro
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel is perfectly located across the street from the beach on the Ipanema Strip. The staff are friendly and helpful, and speak English well.
The free breakfast buffet is the best! The restaurant is located on a high floor that overlooks the beach.
The hotel gym is good - free weights labeled in lbs, some machines too.
Rooms and bathrooms are clean. Good amenities.
Great spot overall for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Any room that has a beach view. You can see the sunrise and sunset from a room that faces the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank outdoorluvr
Dear Guest,

It is with pleasure that we receive your remarks and acknowledge that our services were up to your desires and expectations.

We hope to welcome you in your next visit to Rio de Janeiro!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 October 2012

The Caesar Park is not a good hotel at half the price. You could not use the shower and the sink at the same time - the carpets was not very clean - the power went out several times - the AC could not keep up with the heat - no free wireless and it did not work well (expensive and I had to go down to the business center for them to mess with my computer) - bed and pillows that were so hard that it felt like I was sleeping on the floor - we were promised early check in and when we arrived we had to fight hard for nearly an hour to get it. Not good at all. Well, the location is good.

Room Tip: Just avoid the entire place.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro.

I am extremely concerned that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for each one of details you did mention.

We Sincerely,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Ocean view, amazing location, pool is tired and small (you just can't swim), beach service is fine (welcoming staff), the rooms are comfy but at this price you can legitimately expect something fresher or elegant (rooms need updating). I had to wait 3 hours for my room (after the official check in time), staff did not seem concerned. They finally offered me a coffee and a 30 minutes wifi connection : that's cheap ! The staff does its best, the service is not awful, it's just really mediocre, they all seem unqualified.

Room Tip: Breakfast is overpriced
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank picalexandre
Dear Guest,

I am extremely concerned that your experience by your check in and service that was offered did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We Sincerely,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We have just spent 4 nights at the Caesar Park Hotel in Ipanema. The location is perfect, right in the center of Ipanema beach, which is over the road. Ipanema is a great area for shopping, restaurants, bars and felt completely safe day and night. There is a lot of security around. The hotel appears to have recently been refurbished. We found the accommodation standard to be high, room cleanliness excellent. The breakfast location on the 23rd floor overlooking the beach is superb and were were delighted with the breakfast choices - great range of fruit and omelet chef. The staff at all levels, concierge, front desk were very friendly and most helpful. The pool is tiny on the 23rd floor, but who needs it with Ipanema beach right in front! We thought that this was a wonderful hotel and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor. All rooms seem to have views.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank stephend355
Managing_Director_RJ, General Manager at Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for having chosen Caesar Park Ipanema and also for sending your comments via internet.

It is a pleasure hear that you did enjoy our hotel and the marvelous city Rio de Janeiro.

We hope to welcome you in again in your next visit to Rio de Janeiro!

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Location is unbeatable, but their level of service and attitude compromise what could be an excellent hotel.
As many other hotels in Rio, they charge too much for what they offer. Ok, you can get really nice side and front ocean views, but when you put together their service and what the room offers, you realize it's not worth it.
Rooms have a decent size, bed linens are good and the mattress very comfortable. All very clean and well maintained. Bathrooms are small, look old and tired (rusty finishing) shower is not good and there could be more storage space.
Breakfast is expensive (around R$70 / US$35) and not worth it - apart from the incredible views on the pool floor where it's served, it lacks in variety and quality.
Beach service is good, there's plenty of chairs and the guys working at the beach know how to treat you well. It's in a very good area of the beach.
I had to contact their sales department regarding some issues happened during my stay and their answer was more than disappointing. They act like they were doing you a favor letting you stay at their property.
I believe you can do better elsewhere like the Marina or even the Fasano if you manage to get a good rate.

Room Tip: Side views to Vidigal (Dois Irmaos Moutain) are amazing and not obstructed from the 5th floor up.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cadi C
Dear Guest,

It is with concern that we receive your remarks and acknowledge that Caesar Park Ipanema has not attended your demands for some aspects.

We regret the inconvenience and truthfully express our deepest apologies.

Therefore, we thank you again for your cooperation and hope to have a chance to welcome you again.

Best Regards,