“hammer wake up”

Ranked #37 of 282 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Paris, France
“hammer wake up”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

My room was on same floor where there was a construction. i wake up with heavy hammer noise. considering price paid (almost 400 usd) this is inacceptable and management should be ashame. renting these rooms is no respect to guests and against high standard hospitality rules. furthermore when i was checking out i saw receptionist (frederico) who did my checkin and made my commentary. he look at me and ignored my complain and left reception desk.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Fadi A
GM A, Gerente geral at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear "FadiA",
Thank you for leaving comments regarding your stay at the Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro Ipanema. We strive to provide a superior experience for every customer; this would include product and service. We are currently refurbishing some of our areas, and we do apologies for the inconvenience. Please rest assured that we are acting appropriately to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.
Marie-Berengere Chapoton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great location right on the beach. Other plus points include free wi-fi (great that this is not becoming standard) and super buffet breakfast. But expensive - not super luxurious and only a small pool and gym. Laundry costs are horrific.

Dear "DTW101",
Thank you for your time and comment!
We have been working on several points of improvements in the hotel and are happy to read the changes are noticed. Accor has bought this property recently and we will be having some work done, this includes a new pool and gym project.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I was more than surprised at the internal state of the hotel as the standard of cleanliness was unacceptable - thick dust and dirty light switches, no "in-room" information, pictures crooked, furniture fabrics badly stained, windows dirty (shame as the view was stunning). The front desk staff and manager I spoke with were trying to be helpful - but what can you say when you have such an aged old product - however, there is little excuse for dirt?

The restaurant on the 23rd floor provides a fine view and start of day - here again the experience was bitter sweet with some staff caring and others not explaining at all how breakfast worked and little eye contact.

My advice is to steer well clear of the hotel. There is no doubt refurbishment in progress meantime the high price of rooms and poor ameneties makes this a poor choice.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can to avoid all-night road and reveller noise. I had a corner room with main wind...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank TechnoProf
Dear "TechnoPro",
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
We strive to provide a Magnifique experience for every customer, and as you have mentioned we have started with the refurbishment process. Your feedback is very important to us, please rest assured that we are acting appropriately to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better you in the near future.
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Pros: in front of Ipanema beach, good beach service, attentious staff, large rooms, nice views, quick valet parking service. We asked for a late check out and the front desk staff went out of their way to let us stay up to 2 pm instead of noon and it made a difference as we could enjoy the beach much longer in the last day of our stay, which by the way was a very beautiful day.

Cons: hotel needs an upgrade, premises look ageing and in need of a refresh. Very expensive breakfast, served on the second floor in the days we were there instead of the usual rooftop restaurant, what was a shame. Noisy air conditioning (glad I had earplugs with me).

Looks more like a 3 or 4 star hotel but priced as a 5 star hotel. Expensive for what you get.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Luis S
GM A, General Manager at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Bonjour Mr. "Luis S",

Thank you so much for all the comnets regarding your last saty at the Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro Ipanema - Managed by Sofitel. Regarding your comment on hotel refreshment, we happily inform that we have begun! The group bought the property recently and we have already started with refurbishments. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your days at the "Cidade Maravilhosa".

We remain at your entire disposal and look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Vilvoorde, Belgium
Reviewed 26 April 2014

First time in Rio de Janeiro as part of an international study trip. This hotel is right at the beach of Ipanema (next to Coppacobana), which is one of the nicer neighbourhoods of Rio. It has everything I expected from a hotel managed by Sofitel, great infrastructure, great service, etc.. When I go back to Rio (which I am planning to do), there is quite a big chance I will go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room with view on the beach
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GM A, Gerente geral at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro managed by Sofitel, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro
managed by Sofitel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Most hotels in Rio are overpriced. This one is no exception. Great location on the beach. However quality of room does not compare to the rest of the hotels in the Sofitel family. Rooms are old (think peeling paint, old fashioned furniture, well used carpets) but the bed is comfortable and shower works well. They upgraded me to a room with ocean view, which was very nice of them. However as it is a hotel built in the 70s or 80s (?) the windows are single glazed. The room is noisy as there is a busy road in front of the beach. Noise seems to be a common problem for other hotels in Rio that are bordering the beach. If I were to return to Rio, I would probably pick a hotel on a quiet street.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LindyH2
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore, your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are acting appropriately to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro managed by Sofitel
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great hotel, staff on reception could be better but once the duty manager is engaged then they come to life. I arrived very early and although my room was not ready I waited for 3 hours. I know the person who checked me in and I will not deal with him again.........useless other than that this a great place. The concierge was the best she really helped, rooms are great, location is great so I am not going to let the incompetence of one lazy person ruin a very good stay. I am sure they know who he is. I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GM A, Gerente geral at Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Ipanema, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear guest,

I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive improve to continuously the quality of our services. I regret for the checkin service, we are already addressing the situation to avoid it from happening again.

We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro