The hotel is very expensive, and it was full for he two nights I stayed there. However, we had a club suite which meant dedicated club lounge and check in, as well as a great room with a partial ocean view and a balcony.
The hotel pool is fine, I'm not really a pool person, but you get a decent lunch at the pool bar and ice cold cocktails.
The beach is great. Barra beach is more beautiful and less crowded than Copacabana. It has a great boardwalk area running along it, and we rented bicycles from a man just outside the hotel. The Sheraton has beach umbrellas and chairs available for guests, but the staff don't start until half 9. If you're looking for beach R&R, this location couldn't be better.
Breakfast was a well stocked hot and cold buffet and the staff were very quick to get you seated with tea or coffee. Perfect start to the day.
1. the free shuttle to the mall doesn't run weekends (my sis lives near the mall so would gave been convenient), and
2. it can take up to two hours to get to Zona Sul (Ipanema and Copacabana). The metro is due to reach Barra in 2016 since several Olympic venues are out here, but for now, it's a tedious taxi or bus ride.
3. The restaurant serves buffet for lunch at least when we were there, so it was the pool or room service if u wanted a la carte.
We ate at restaurants on Avenida Americas, some standalone and some in malls, and it was fairly easy to get taxis around, though it helped to gave addresses written down.
I'd definitely stay here, or at the Windsor just down the road, when I come back, as the location is unbeatable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between the ocean and mountains in the city’s most modern neighborhood, Sheraton Barra Rio de Janeiro Hotel is surrounded by extensive lakes, stunning beaches and the exuberant Atlantic Forest. With modern design and impeccable decoration, Sheraton Barra offers 292 spacious guestrooms and suites, all with private balconies and overlooking the ocean. For your relaxation, Sheraton Barra Rio de Janeiro Hotel offers 2 outdoor pools, one for adults and another for children, an international cuisine restaurant, Fitness Center with modern workout devices, open-air hot tubs, dry and steam saunas, a squash court, playground and beach service. Located in the middle of a thriving garden is the Vila Spa, - with 5 bungalows for body treatments and exclusive bath rituals and massages that ensure a harmonious balance between body and mind. For all types of events, the Hotel offers 9 event rooms that hold up to 400 people, with all the required equipment infrastructure and technology, in addition to an experienced team of professionals to provide support for corporate or social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Barra Rio de Janeiro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Barra Hotel And Suites
- Sheraton Barra Hotel Barra Da Tijuca
- Sheraton Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Sheraton
- Sheraton Barra Rio De Janeiro Hotel Brazil