Belmond Copacabana Palace
Praia Ipanema Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
US$155
US$135
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$246
  • Breakfast included
Windsor Florida Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$109
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$42
US$41
  • Pool
Copacabana Rio Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$58
  • Breakfast included
Atlantis Copacabana(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$54
  • Breakfast included
Copacabana Sol Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
US$56
  • Breakfast included
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)
US$254
US$142
  • Breakfast included
Vila Gale Rio de Janeiro(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$75
Hotels.com
3,529 results
All reviewscipriani restaurantmain buildingiconic hotelgrand damepoolside restaurantpool areapool staffcity viewguest relationsbeautiful poolturn down serviceluxurious hotelfive star hotelour honeymoonconcierge deskhotel guestsbeach service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2011

I can genuinely say that staying here was a highlight of Rio for me, I stayed for nearly a week and it started to feel like home. from the second I arrived everyone from the doorman to the receptionist, spa staff, pool staff, all were so friendly and accommodating.

It really is a charmingly old school place with real character, it is a shame they can't transport the whole place to Ipanema in some ways!

Highlights included the breakfast, the lovely staff, the pool, the beach area with gratis water and fruit, and the bed was so large and comfortable, although the AC isn't as modern and reactive as it could be.

Now for the cons - it sounds obvious to say, but the hotel is surely the most expensive I've encountered in terms of basics. I balked at the food prices!! Much more expensive than anything I've ever paid for in a 5* in Europe!

I also had to contend with a really trying incident concerning an iron - sounds like a joke. In every hotel I've ever stayed in you call houskeeping you get an iron and board within a few minutes. On the one day I needed one I had to call 3 times and it took 6 hours to get one. I called at 10am so I could iron a dress for 12.30, by 11 I had to leave the room so I requested it be ready in the room for midday. At 12.15 I got back only to find out that it didn't work. Frustrated I called HK and said I needed one in 5 minutes. Never turned up. Called for a replacement at 2pm for that evening, got it for 5pm. Upon checking out it turned out that not only does the Palace charge you for borrowing an iron, but they charge you for one that doesn't actually work. Really quite unacceptable for a hotel of this calibre. This episode and how difficult it is to get attentive service in the evening are the only reasons I didn't give 5 for service. Someone responsible for staff/service needs to get to Asia asap to learn about impeccable and reactive service. The hotel staff have the warmth and personality they just need to be more efficient!

Other than that the establishment is beautiful and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again (but I'll take a travel iron and save myself the time and money and buy a few caiprinhas instead :)).

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank sasswoir
fabiana_luiz, Gerente geral at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Copacabana Palace Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Copacabana Palace Hotel, one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

Copacabana Palace

Reviewed 19 April 2011

great service, great architecture, lovely pool. pricey cocktails by the pool but to be expected. feels old school and lovely. note that this beach is not that best beach in rio and if you want to be able to walk to dinner, find another hotel, but it really is a classic experience if you don't mind a taxi. all the hip restaurants and bars are in ipanema and leblon tho...

roof top tennis court is in great shape, very nice and they bring you water and towels when playing!

Room Tip: ocean view worth it!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank savvytruereview
fabiana_luiz, Gerente geral at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting you comments following your stay with us.

I was extremely pleased to read your kind comments and I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 14 April 2011

I had booked a room through Expedia; the hotel didn't much like that, and the woman at reception was quite unfriendly at first. (If hotels don't want you to book through Expedia, they shouldn't sell rooms there.) I wanted an extra cot because a friend joined us unexpectedly. The clerk resisted, but finally said they would put a cot in the room -- but we would have to wait. So we didn't get a room till after 7 p.m. (They did give us free drink by the pool while we waited.)

There were only two towels in the room (for three guests), so I called housekeeping and was told they would deliver another towel. We went to dinner, returned at 10:30 p.m. No towel. I called housekeeping; they promised to deliver towel. At 11:10 I called again, and said I would come get a towel because we wanted to go to bed. The housekeeping manager delivered a towel. The problem, apparently, was that our room was on a floor that was filled with people from Fox films, who were there for the premiere of the new animated film, "Rio." The film people seemed to think that the corridors were part of their rooms. Equipment everywhere. Noise till all hours of the night, and starting again at 6 a.m. On the second day, housekeeping still had not come to our room by 7 p.m. (apparently blocked by the film people). I went to front desk to ask if we could get a different room. Same clerk as the night before. I explained the noise and the lack of housekeeping. She was VERY helpful, and put us into a suite on an upper floor at no extra charge. The next three days, the service could not have been better. Excellent food, excellent swimming pool. The staff were very pleasant and called me by name. Wonderful location, across the street from the beach; the hotel has great lounge cots on the beach, towel service, water, etc.

After the first night, I was ready to write a scathing review. But they made up for it, and I will definitely go back there on my next trip to Rio.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Clackman
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Great location and great atmosphere of old fashioned hotel. Furniture and appearance of inside amenities look as antique. High ceilings and carpets in my ocean front suit really impressed. Fantastic view over Capacabana beach and Atlantic. Bathroom is rather tidy but clean and nice. Food is great especially fruits and Brazilian specialties. Vine is overpraised - 50 Euro per glass of Italian Rose looks strange. Making a bad in the evenings is scheduled too late and I had to chase cleaning lady doing so.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank N0rth
fabiana_luiz, General Manager at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Copacabana Palace.

We hope you had a pleasant visit.

As we continuously try to improve the quality of our standards, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write to us with your views.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 5 April 2011

Fantastic! I love it. If you go to Rio, you must stay there. The only bad point is the price, very expensive

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
fabiana_luiz, Gerente geral at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit to Copacabana Palace

Please also be assured that I have passed your very kind comments to all of the staff concerned.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Yours Sincerely,