So after spending a few nights at a hotel down the other end of Copacabana which was terrible we decided to treat ourselves to a few nights here so we can feel normal again (and also shower without holding our noses to avoid the sewer stench). We are on a tour around South America and whilst it has been amazing the choice of Rio hotels has been under par. Whilst the Palace is 3x the price of our tour hotel it is 100x more luxurious. We got a beach view room newly renovated and I cried upon entering it. Everything is amazing. So worth the cost and wish I had booked a few more nights. Wonderful view, shower and new bath, lots of products to use. Feel like a new person. Service is also friendly and everyone speaks english. Pool area whilst not resort style is more than adequate. Short wander across the road and you are on the beach!!! Coming from AUD we are used to paying a lot of money for hotel food and supermarket food. So whilst I am sure the restaurant prices are 'expensive' they would still be considered cheaper than if you were is Australia. Supermarkets are on the street back from the hotel and we brought some wine and drinks for the room rather than use the mini bar. Breakfast is very South American. Lots of breads, pastries, fruit. Plenty to eat. Some hot food but nothing fantastic. Love love love this hotel. It is well priced but compared to some of the other 'well priced 3*' accommodation in copa you get what you pay for here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the famous Copacabana Beach, the Belmond Copacabana Palace is known as the most luxury hotel in Brazil. A symbol of sophistication and refinement, the Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an impeccable service, excellent cuisine and luxurious accommodation, confirming its tradition of ideal place to stay in Rio de Janeiro. The Belmond Copacabana Palace offers three restaurants inside its facilities; the Italian Cipriani, the Pergula Restaurant, with Brazilian and international cuisine, located next to the pool and the new Pan-Asian restaurant awarded with a prestigious Michelin Star, Mee. Apart from being a landmark in one of the most beautiful areas of Brazil, the hotel is also a center of wellbeing. It offers one of the main spas in the country, with different types of treatments, as well as a beauty salon, both open to the public. It also has a boutique with national and international brands and exclusive pieces. The exclusive Beach service offers sun loungers, umbrellas and water for the guests. The personalized treatment enchants the guests and provides a family atmosphere, making everybody feel at home. The hotel is also known as one of the most sort after venues for parties and Rio´s social events. It has a convention center with ten different rooms and salons of different sizes and shapes, to suite the various needs of the clients. For parties, the hotel offers the luxurious Golden Room, the Nobre Room and the Copacabana Rooms, which can be used for cocktails, dinners, wedding receptions, business meetings and other large parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Belmond, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Copacabana Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Hotel
- Belmond Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro, Brazil