Despite a couple of irritating faults I still have to give this hotel and the staff top marks. The first issue occurred on the night I arrived and I was woken up at 3am with the sound of dripping water; I discovered that the roof was leaking and called the duty manager who quickly changed my room; it was a pleasant upgrade - in all it took 20min to move me and to get back into bed. The other two issues are ones that won't go away - firstly the elevators are totally inadequate for such a large hotel even when both work - unfortunately to make things worse one of them malfunctioned for most of my stay resulting in long waits. Secondly Rio is expensive compared to other S. American cities and this hotel is leading the charge - for example a beer and burger costs more than USD30!
Ok having got that off my mind let me tell you that this is a wonderful hotel and the staff are simply exceptional. For those that read my posts you will know that swimming pools are important to me for lap training. I can say without exception this is the best pool I have ever had the pleasure of using - other than they keep the temperature at 30C which is about 3C too high. A pool should be refreshing not energy sapping. The rooms are great and the bed is fantastic.
I would love to come back to this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the famous Copacabana Beach, the Belmond Copacabana Palace is known as the most luxury hotel in Brazil. A symbol of sophistication and refinement, the Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an impeccable service, excellent cuisine and luxurious accommodation, confirming its tradition of ideal place to stay in Rio de Janeiro. The Belmond Copacabana Palace offers three restaurants inside its facilities; the Italian Cipriani, the Pergula Restaurant, with Brazilian and international cuisine, located next to the pool and the new Pan-Asian restaurant awarded with a prestigious Michelin Star, Mee. Apart from being a landmark in one of the most beautiful areas of Brazil, the hotel is also a center of wellbeing. It offers one of the main spas in the country, with different types of treatments, as well as a beauty salon, both open to the public. It also has a boutique with national and international brands and exclusive pieces. The exclusive Beach service offers sun loungers, umbrellas and water for the guests. The personalized treatment enchants the guests and provides a family atmosphere, making everybody feel at home. The hotel is also known as one of the most sort after venues for parties and Rio´s social events. It has a convention center with ten different rooms and salons of different sizes and shapes, to suite the various needs of the clients. For parties, the hotel offers the luxurious Golden Room, the Nobre Room and the Copacabana Rooms, which can be used for cocktails, dinners, wedding receptions, business meetings and other large parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splitty, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Copacabana Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Hotel
- Belmond Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro, Brazil