Stayed for 4 nights in November as part of our first trip to Rio de Janeiro. Magnificent hotel - fairly recently refurbished. Fabric and style of the building is magnificent. Quite central along Copacabana - approx 30 mins walk to rocks at Ipanema to view sunset. Felt a very safe area - we walked along the promenade on several occasions. Fun and vibrant - Copacabana is extremely lively.
For our first 3 days we had a deluxe seaview room on 4th floor. Spacious, bright with a very comfortable bed and excellent bathroom. Superb view of the beach. We then spent a couple of nights in Iguassu (se separate Das Cataratas review) and then returned to the Copa Palace - and were upgraded to a 3rd floor corner suite including sitting room - also in the 'old' building (rather than the tower annexe).
Food in the Pergula restaurant is good rather than spectacular - and moderately priced. Lots of staff but service relatively ordinary - with the quality of English spoken being a little disappointing for such a prestigious, international landmark hotel. Not a big issue, though. Buffet breakfast was very good. Pool and pool service excellent.
Rio is certainly a spectacular city and a must-return location. Should this happen we would definitely stay at the Copa again. Expensive perhaps, but very happy to recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the famous Copacabana Beach, the Belmond Copacabana Palace is known as the most luxury hotel in Brazil. A symbol of sophistication and refinement, the Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an impeccable service, excellent cuisine and luxurious accommodation, confirming its tradition of ideal place to stay in Rio de Janeiro. The Belmond Copacabana Palace offers three restaurants inside its facilities; the Italian Cipriani, the Pergula Restaurant, with Brazilian and international cuisine, located next to the pool and the new Pan-Asian restaurant awarded with a prestigious Michelin Star, Mee. Apart from being a landmark in one of the most beautiful areas of Brazil, the hotel is also a center of wellbeing. It offers one of the main spas in the country, with different types of treatments, as well as a beauty salon, both open to the public. It also has a boutique with national and international brands and exclusive pieces. The exclusive Beach service offers sun loungers, umbrellas and water for the guests. The personalized treatment enchants the guests and provides a family atmosphere, making everybody feel at home. The hotel is also known as one of the most sort after venues for parties and Rio´s social events. It has a convention center with ten different rooms and salons of different sizes and shapes, to suite the various needs of the clients. For parties, the hotel offers the luxurious Golden Room, the Nobre Room and the Copacabana Rooms, which can be used for cocktails, dinners, wedding receptions, business meetings and other large parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splitty, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Belmond Copacabana Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Hotel
- Belmond Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro, Brazil