Rio de Janeiro, Carnival, Copacabana Palace.
The perfect set to enjoy in high style the famous brazilian Carnival??
Nope if you choose to stay at the Copa and hope to have a five star service.
The problems were concentrated in the pool area and the restaurants...
At the poll you have an unofficial system where the pool assistants reserve for the whole day the best places for the ones that make arrangement$$ or are frequent users...even if they don't show up at any moment!! The result is that the front chairs remain partially empty all the time, and if you ask for the place you can hear answers like: the ladies on those chairs are swimming right now....you look at the pool and it is... EMPTY!
During the famous (??) saturday Feijoada ( pork and sausages with black beans dish) what was missing for more than 20 minutes... guess what?? The beans!!
At the famous (??) Sunday brunch... lot's of trays were empty and completely messed up by users and guess what?? More than 20 minutes to replace them!!
You might think..... carnival... hotelat full occupancy.... less personal. NO..!!!
In the pool and pool restaurant at a certain moment I counted more than 20 people...
Talking, making jokes, staring the infinitum ..
Supervison?? Management?? Sometimes a lady called Silvia ( if I can remember) was walking around but without noticing anything... 5 star hotel? With a hostal ( with all the respect they deserve!!) level of service!!
Just one more complain: at the famous (??) Cipriani restaurant...the french maitre that NEVER knew which was the special of the day, if the dishes that had been publicized in the weekly magazines THAT SAME WEEK were available in the kitchen - because they weren't in the menu..., if thechef could prepare a dish with a different side order... and so on. Every time he left the table to go to the kitchen to ask!!!! Crazily insane!! And we have to wait for the answer several minutes!
Do do that only with a glass of good wine... correct?? Wrong again!!! The wine list was ridicously small for a restaurant of that level... just some options, nothing outstanding... bad choice again.
The room service, the room cleanliness, the room assistance, the turndown : outstanding, fast, precise, courteous, attentive. Overall great!
So if you go to the Copa to stay in your room it's the best choice. You have to go. For the rest, the service sucks!
Just to let you know...the occupancy during the Carnival was at less than 50% !!!!!
Their worst year ever...they have blamed the (un) security for which Brazil is famous ( again).
That is absolutely not true...The security is as usual, you have to take care as in any big city, and the touristic areais full of policemen forces.
The real fact is, Copa has increased the prices, they charge you over 2000 per room per night and they provide third class level of services...
For what you pay you expect a lot more... that's why people is not going there. They don't have what they pay for!!
Go somewhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the famous Copacabana Beach, the Belmond Copacabana Palace is known as the most luxury hotel in Brazil. A symbol of sophistication and refinement, the Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an impeccable service, excellent cuisine and luxurious accommodation, confirming its tradition of ideal place to stay in Rio de Janeiro. The Belmond Copacabana Palace offers three restaurants inside its facilities; the Italian Cipriani, the Pergula Restaurant, with Brazilian and international cuisine, located next to the pool and the new Pan-Asian restaurant awarded with a prestigious Michelin Star, Mee. Apart from being a landmark in one of the most beautiful areas of Brazil, the hotel is also a center of wellbeing. It offers one of the main spas in the country, with different types of treatments, as well as a beauty salon, both open to the public. It also has a boutique with national and international brands and exclusive pieces. The exclusive Beach service offers sun loungers, umbrellas and water for the guests. The personalized treatment enchants the guests and provides a family atmosphere, making everybody feel at home. The hotel is also known as one of the most sort after venues for parties and Rio´s social events. It has a convention center with ten different rooms and salons of different sizes and shapes, to suite the various needs of the clients. For parties, the hotel offers the luxurious Golden Room, the Nobre Room and the Copacabana Rooms, which can be used for cocktails, dinners, wedding receptions, business meetings and other large parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Belmond Copacabana Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Hotel
- Belmond Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro, Brazil