We stayed at the Copacabana palace a week before the World Cup began and had an excellent and remarkable stay. My wife and I were there for our anniversary. After briefly mentioning that fact to the woman checking us in, she asked us to hold on a moment while she figured something out...and she returned a minute later saying she was able to give us a free upgrade to a suite. That gesture and effort on her part set the tone for the rest of our stay - the suite was fantastic, clearly recently upgraded, with a very nice balcony, comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom.
The breakfast buffet was delicious and the staff were top-notch in all of our interactions. The concierge helped make reservations, advised us on the best way to see Cristo Redentor, and gave directions and tips for seeing the rest of the city. And they always did it with a smile on their face.
The Palace is obviously in a prime location - overlooking the beach, easy walk to Ipanema and Leblon. The pool is also a great place to relax and spend a day, if you have the time.
Granted I have not stayed in many classic "Grand" hotels, but of the ones I have stayed at, the Copacabana Palace was head and shoulders above the rest. It's expensive but you never feel like you're getting ripped off. If you can budget for it, it is definitely the nicest place to stay in Rio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the famous Copacabana Beach, the Belmond Copacabana Palace is known as the most luxury hotel in Brazil. A symbol of sophistication and refinement, the Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an impeccable service, excellent cuisine and luxurious accommodation, confirming its tradition of ideal place to stay in Rio de Janeiro. The Belmond Copacabana Palace offers three restaurants inside its facilities; the Italian Cipriani, the Pergula Restaurant, with Brazilian and international cuisine, located next to the pool and the new Pan-Asian restaurant awarded with a prestigious Michelin Star, Mee. Apart from being a landmark in one of the most beautiful areas of Brazil, the hotel is also a center of wellbeing. It offers one of the main spas in the country, with different types of treatments, as well as a beauty salon, both open to the public. It also has a boutique with national and international brands and exclusive pieces. The exclusive Beach service offers sun loungers, umbrellas and water for the guests. The personalized treatment enchants the guests and provides a family atmosphere, making everybody feel at home. The hotel is also known as one of the most sort after venues for parties and Rio´s social events. It has a convention center with ten different rooms and salons of different sizes and shapes, to suite the various needs of the clients. For parties, the hotel offers the luxurious Golden Room, the Nobre Room and the Copacabana Rooms, which can be used for cocktails, dinners, wedding receptions, business meetings and other large parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Belmond, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Copacabana Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Hotel
- Belmond Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro, Brazil